Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

This comes out in July and I'm really looking forward to it. IMO Darkane is often over looked as a great melodic death/progressive thrash band. Lawrence Mackrory, their original singer is back.

Last edited by a moderator:
This comes out in July and I'm really looking forward to it. IMO Darkane is often over looked as a great melodic death/progressive thrash band. Lawrence Mackrory, their original singer is back.
I'm certain I've checked out Darkane at one point or another, but I can't recall when or what I listened to. Any recommendations?

I'm certain I've checked out Darkane at one point or another, but I can't recall when or what I listened to. Any recommendations?

My pesonal favorite is Layers Of Lies, although their debut Rusted Angel is a close second. Can't go wrong with either of those IMO.

....and here I was, thinking "Gee, I haven't heard much from the Russian folk/ska/metal scene lately......" Talk about timing..... :cool:

Opposing Motion was more my speed I think......

Just discovered this new Prog Metal outfit from France. Amazing stuff. They currently only have a 5 song EP available, but it's more than worth checking out. Can't wait for an LP from these guys!

New Trail Of Tears is pretty kickass. Unfortunately this will be their last album :(

I never friggan knew that Christopher Lee ('Suraman' on Lord of the Rings and 'Count Dooku' in the Star Wars prequal), was THAT much into metal. In fact, I did not realize it was Christopher that was doing those narrations on the Rhapsody albums (I guess I probably should actually READ the credits in the liner notes :eek: )

So here he is, at friggan 91 years old and putting out a friggan power metal album! Not only that, I did not realize that is actually his "SECOND" album! After hearing that new Circle II Circle album in my truck while going over to the mall to get lunch, my co-worker told me about this!

I could not find a "single song" as the thread dictates, but did find this video "preview" that gives a good taste of what to expect. I think this is actually pretty cool in a certain way. Damn, I hope that if I reach 91, I am still rocking out like that! :worship: Granted, not to enthused with his singing, (but he does have some pretty sweet guest vocalists) but still....

So, allow me to present - Charlemagne: The Omens of Death:

EDIT!!! Sonofabitch!!!! Seems that Glenn has already beat me to this in another thread! (Grr....). I'll leave it, but if Glenn wants to delete it, no sweat off my back.

A new song from Agathodaimon who are finally putting out a new album. Their last one was out in 2009. From the album, In Darkness: