ok, gear people. tell me about the POD 2.0

General consensus from the recording public on UM is that the PODxt has superior high-gain sounds, in particular the metal shop pack which you can get for it.

You're not gonna get pro sounds using a modeller. That's something you need to accept outright. Unless your mic'ing an amp with a good gear chain you won't be getting album quality.

PODxt is decent for demos though. There are some great patches out there, and if you get into using impulse responses made of real cabinets in conjunction with the POD you'll really be starting to nail decent sounds.

If you are only concerned with recording.....I use the Line 6 Toneport UX2 with the metal pack. Its great for recording, but if you want to also play it through an amp get the POD XT. It sounds much better than the 2.0 IMO

people on the musician's forum on metallicabb, really hate POD2, but the xt gets hella good reviews. I heard that the GT8 is used for recording in preproduction phase by opeth....
I played at guitar center through the pod xt and gt8, i realized that they are verry versatile tools, if you spend hella time to tweak them in terms of tone and recording quality. they have so many settings, and i found i didn't like any of the presets.
I'm really thinking getting a podxt or gt8 myself for xmas, depending on which on is on sale:lol:

i like my Pod, i have the POD XT Live, definatly get the metal pack. I spent hours and hours just messin around on it, a lot you can do.

Evergrey uses PodXT Lives during there live preformances. all sounds great

When I worked at Guitar Center of course, I got to play with shit.

For some reason, I hated the POD Xt Live. I mean, it was alright....the USB feature is pretty handy but as far as the sound quality, to me, the GT-8 surpasses. The POD 2.0 is a POD XT with less features and no Digital readout. It's like jumping from 2001 to 2006. I didn't mind the XT as much but for some reason, I didn't like the XT Live. I think it just might of been the fact that the presets on GT-8 are badass when with the XT Live, you have to really play around with it.

Though, if you're looking for something for recording, take the suggestion of the UX2 Toneport. Although, the POD XT Live has all of the same features. The XT Live is pretty much the 2.0/XT and the UX2 in one package, but, it's $350-$400.