OK- here is some news .

I will never do another SOD record or tour. It was a great thing of the past but was a real let down when the reunion happened only for the sake of making the ANTHRAX name and camp money. MOD has done it's last tour in the states and to be honest I am not so into the idea of touring in europe to begin with. I may do one MOD show for the SOuth by SOuth west convention in march at my bar but that is it. I have been working on my spoken word and comedy stuff but that is work in process.
As far as music is concerned, I am in a new band "Enough about the King" in austin and have 4 songs recorded minus vocals. I should have sound bites up in mid to late december. It's not thrash or hardcore or even metal but has elements of everything I liked about all those styles. It's not a joke band and it's lyrics are not meant to be funny but they are expressive.
It wont be for everybody, not all MOD and SOD fans will like it and I'm sure some people here will out right hate it but no matter I want to do something other than cash in and drag bands I did 20 years ago through the mud. I actually thought about doing an SOD cover band. I think it would actually be fun and fun aint such a bad thing now and again.

Billy, thanks for this update. I was looking forward to finally see M.O.D. in Europe this November (at Speedfest), but a couple of weeks ago I already heard that the European tour had been cancelled. Well, maybe we'll meet if you come to Europe with 'Enough about the King'.

Anyway, I put this message also on my website, so everyone who visits my page will read about your future plans concerning 'M.O.D.', 'Enough about the King' and the possibility of an S.O.D. tribute band. I hope you don't mind I put your message on my site as well.

It wont be for everybody, not all MOD and SOD fans will like it and I'm sure some people here will out right hate it but no matter I want to do something other than cash in and drag bands I did 20 years ago through the mud. I actually thought about doing an SOD cover band. I think it would actually be fun and fun aint such a bad thing now and again.

Its all right. You've already got a reputation for experimenting with material outside the hardcore thrash scene. Nobody's ever called you a traitor. Rebel, maybe. But not a traitor! Shit, what was Surfin M.O.D. if not a total detour into the SoCal/Liverpool mix with iron gloves?!

Just as long as you keep up the quality and be true to your principles.

Jurched

Liverpool is cold, but they have some good second hand book stores.

I'm glad Billy has finally come out.

At least Billy is starting with a new band and a new sound. Metallica should of changed the name of their band once they released the Black album, and Slayer should of released Diabolus as a project band instead of calling it a Slayer album.

Billy, Good luck with the new band, I'm looking forward to the new material and the spoken word stuff as well.

Slayer should of released Diabolus as a project band instead of calling it a Slayer album.

Why do you think so? I don't want to hijack this thread and I have to say Diabolus is nowhere close to my favourite Slayer album and yes, it's kinda different... but I appreciate when a band evolves with their sound. These days, Slayer have become the AC/DC of thrash metal. Why bash them when they tried to breathe a little fresh air, maybe?

Why do you think so? I don't want to hijack this thread and I have to say Diabolus is nowhere close to my favourite Slayer album and yes, it's kinda different... but I appreciate when a band evolves with their sound. These days, Slayer have become the AC/DC of thrash metal. Why bash them when they tried to breathe a little fresh air, maybe?

I'm sure we all can name albums from bands that we wished they never made or made under their regular band name (Danzig 5 for example). My point is, I'm glad to see Billy is trying something different and is going about it the right way.

I don't think Megadeth should have changed their name when they released Risk. I think they should have called it Crap Trapped on Plastic, you know, so I would have known

At least Slayer is a little more creative than AC/DC. I hate that sirius satellite radio has turned Channel 19 (Buzzsaw) into an all AC/DC channel.

I gotta gives props to Billy for trying something different. Anthrax should have done that instead of finding another singer, Van Halen should of did that after DLR left the first time.

I am about to do some revamping of the website to include my Bottom line spoken word stuff, a video blog and go back to the format of the old site of interviewing bands and reviewing live shows.

I must be screwing up trying to get to Billy's Spoken Word. All I get is an invalid page. I signed up for freakin MySpace. What am I doing wrong?
Jurched

I must be screwing up trying to get to Billy's Spoken Word. All I get is an invalid page. I signed up for freakin MySpace. What am I doing wrong?
Jurched

first off... you signed up for MySpace.
:loco:

first off... you signed up for MySpace.
:loco:

Tell me about it. As soon as the landing page opened, it said "You have a new friend! Tom!" with a photo of some gay guy bearing a dippy, leering expression.

Instead of Billy Milano Spoken Word, I get propositioned by a MySpace fag. What the fuck!?

Jurched

Tell me about it. As soon as the landing page opened, it said "You have a new friend! Tom!" with a photo of some gay guy bearing a dippy, leering expression.

Instead of Billy Milano Spoken Word, I get propositioned by a MySpace fag. What the fuck!?

Jurched

Tom wants to be your friend.
Tom wants to be your 'special' friend. :Smug: