Ok hooked up with my Savage again...(+superior2)

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
After struggling to get a decent sound with revalver and impulses I gave up today and brought my savage home to record for real.

Hopefully Moonlapse can come here and tell me that this sound just as good as the feared song "godlike". But I can't nail that tone again for some reason.

Anyway I did another Feared song and here is a clip of the outro, tell me what you think:

http://www.feared.se/crap/savageklipp.mp3

EDIT:

Ok here is a updated version. Added a little presence and a bit 2k. But not to much though:

http://www.feared.se/crap/test-10sept.mp3

I think the guitars might sound better with ReValver! Your tone on this clip sounds a bit flubby for some reason.

I think the tone is great, but I think the chords lack a bit of sustain. It might be your tuning though. How loud was the Savage?

-Joe

Hahaha, I love your word choice in the title ("hooked up with my Savage again") - AMP SEX WOOHOO!!!!! :lol:

My feeling is there's not enough presence; I wouldn't say the guitars sound muddy because I don't think there's too much bass, but rather I feel they sound slightly muffled, which I think more pres. would help (or just cutting around the 200-400 Hz range and/or boosting at 4k in your DAW).

Spot on man. I quite like this tone. I've got both this and 'Godlike' in separate windows A/Bing right now. Love that Savage... really, bloody awesome amp.

I think maybe just EQ out some of the low-mid and give it a bit of high mid 'bite' and this thing will scream. The 'Godlike' tone is a bit more open and bites a little more and I think those are the ranges to perhaps focus on.

Great stuff!

Spot on man. I quite like this tone. I've got both this and 'Godlike' in separate windows A/Bing right now. Love that Savage... really, bloody awesome amp.

I think maybe just EQ out some of the low-mid and give it a bit of high mid 'bite' and this thing will scream. The 'Godlike' tone is a bit more open and bites a little more and I think those are the ranges to perhaps focus on.

Great stuff!

Agreed, 2khz for the masses!
Haha

This is an awesome tone already though, and excellent songwriting!

Sounds great! Way better than the first clip imho!
But what always blowns me away is your riffing and songwriting...
Killer, hat off to you!

Thanks dudes, this is a v30 small cabinet.

and Noumenon here's a mobilepic of the settings. All mid turned down METAL! Using emg 81 in guitar.

savagesetting.JPG

EDIT: oops large pic. :kickass: