ok i really liked the new harry potter

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
you have to realize that going into this movie, prisoner if azkaban was pretty much my favorite of the books since it is tied closely with order of the phoenix for being my favorite.

so anyway, the movie was well done despite all the stuff that they omitted. it definitely was noticeably quicker but at the same time i felt they handled the transitions well and i dug the fact that they kept everything about the movie dark, notice no sunny clear days for the most part.

i guess changes from books don't really bug me because i always seperate the two because the movie has to be done differently and i know this.

so all in all it was a great movie and i am really looking forward to the next movie and seeing how they will deal with the time constraints, considering it was such a huge book.

however, if you press me to nitpick about the parts of the movie that bug me as a huge fan of the book they would be the following:

1. the absence of that knight in the paintings whose name i forget(unless he appears in goblet of fire)

2. the fact that they had malfoy hanging around with crabbe and some other kid besides goyle. yes that is REALLY nitpicking but i mean in the books it is always those three and to disrupt that just seems weird.

3. and the fact that they never fully explain the names on the marauder's map, even though it is pretty easy for the non-bookists to get the meaning, the story behind it was one of the best parts of the book to me.

Baliset said:
you have to realize that going into this movie, prisoner if azkaban was pretty much my favorite of the books since it is tied closely with order of the phoenix for being my favorite.

so anyway, the movie was well done despite all the stuff that they omitted. it definitely was noticeably quicker but at the same time i felt they handled the transitions well and i dug the fact that they kept everything about the movie dark, notice no sunny clear days for the most part.

i guess changes from books don't really bug me because i always seperate the two because the movie has to be done differently and i know this.

so all in all it was a great movie and i am really looking forward to the next movie and seeing how they will deal with the time constraints, considering it was such a huge book.

however, if you press me to nitpick about the parts of the movie that bug me as a huge fan of the book they would be the following:

1. the absence of that knight in the paintings whose name i forget(unless he appears in goblet of fire)

2. the fact that they had malfoy hanging around with crabbe and some other kid besides goyle. yes that is REALLY nitpicking but i mean in the books it is always those three and to disrupt that just seems weird.

3. and the fact that they never fully explain the names on the marauder's map, even though it is pretty easy for the non-bookists to get the meaning, the story behind it was one of the best parts of the book to me.

I thought it was lame man......It just felt like a sequence of events with no rise of action.

Sir Callahan?
2965c2240.jpg