Ok, i THINK I... lost the ilok.

no offense, but don´t you think that should simply be a part of your customer service and not an additional charge?

This - that Waves policy is absolute horseshit. Nobody is going to try to scam the system to get Waves to give them free plugins after "losing" an iLok when they can just torrent them in the first place, so the only people you're hurting by charging are legitimate customers.

As far as I know, torrents are legal if you have previously purchased the product, so there aren't any legal issues as long as you have the original reciept.

Lil bit off-topic, but the iLok Website is ridiculous... Had to download a browser from stone age to download my licenses on the stick.. Took me like 5hours to figure out.. Thanks a lot -.-

As far as I know, torrents are legal if you have previously purchased the product, so there aren't any legal issues as long as you have the original reciept.

When I can find a torrent for Trigger, by all means I'll do that. Forget this iLok crap, but I fear I can't avoid them forever.

When I can find a torrent for Trigger, by all means I'll do that. Forget this iLok crap, but I fear I can't avoid them forever.

Slate is VERY good at preventing piracy. Their software has a "digital watermark", so I assume they have a person who probably scours all the big torrent sites searching for that one guy who uploaded their software. I can only assume they sue once they find it. Very clever.

Slate is VERY good at preventing piracy. Their software has a "digital watermark", so I assume they have a person who probably scours all the big torrent sites searching for that one guy who uploaded their software. I can only assume they sue once they find it. Very clever.

I figured, all I could find is one for SSD3, which isn't what I want. Guess I just get to suck it up and spend MORE money.

Ok seems like the ilok is not here either... I'll double check in the morning but seems like it got lost somewhere along my numerous hotels and bag packing between france and germany... That's the problem with laptops : you have to remove the ilok each time you move the laptop in or out, also cause you can break it in a second when it's hanging from the laptop. I wish I could hide it in the case as well or in the PCIe slot I'm not using. If your job is audio production you're probably not gonna lose it like that, but when it's not and when you care more about the keys of your car which stays in germany, or your pro license that costs $1000 and would put you in trouble since you cannot have a copy of it... you don't check it as much and bam.

@TimatWaves : thanks for the info, and thanks for the direct contact. To be honest I didn't even know it existed. My update plan stopped end of november or beginning of december though, and it covered only CLA and SSL if I'm right (I have 2 other plugs, MPX and RVox). I'll send you a mail once I'm 100% sure this Ilok didn't fall somewhere stupid first. Thank you anyway.

Of all the posts I've read on internet, none of them mentionned this coverage plan, and I didn't know it existed. Strange. For the future, i'll know.

@Cubandude : Pace's site and system is known for not working with some browsers like firefox yeah. just try with IE or safari or whatever. I think it works okay with Chrome too, not 100% sure it's been a while.

ive always wondered if this was just a REALLY SMART made up story to try and prevent it, and it works haha

no offense, but don´t you think that should simply be a part of your customer service and not an additional charge?

Indeed. The reaction is typically Waves. "Honest legit customer, thank you very much for spending a shitload of money on our plugins. Now, we could have helped you if only you had given us even more money."

I seriously wonder if the 64 bit plugs will be covered by WUP (which on itsself I already consider screwing legit customers anyways).

Because of policies like this, and all the "Waves money traps", every now and then I feel bad having sponsored them so much. Legit customers should be supported, not raped all the time. Sometimes you get these nice coupons though... ;)

I hope they help LaSedna out.

Good news : I found my iLok. Randomly, it was in my car, on the floor for the backseats, under a single piece of clothes that fell there. My car is almost new, tidy and all, and the ilok had to fall under the only "messy" thing in it ! Talk about no luck !

So thanks Tim for the offer anyway. Now my questions are : I wanted more info on TLC, its pricing etc, so I went on my account, found "get TLC", and on that page I see the whole explanation, and in the "get TLC now", nothing displayed, and then "why my products aren't displayed ?". I don't get it, I thought TLC was included in the update plan up to one year, and then you had to order it, so since i have 2 products that aren't covered, I should see them right ? Or did I miss something ?

I have CLA and SSL which update plan ended on 11/29/11
Kramer is still under its plan until 5/31/12
Rvox same 5/18/12

I just discovered the renewal of the WUP for only these plugs is around $160. phew

EDIT : or is it because I need WUP for CLA and SSL to have them protected with TLC ? and Kramer and Rvox being single plugins, they cannot be protected ?

Yeah, good thing you found it! I can imagine what it feels like to think it has been lost :S

I am also interested in the whole TLC thing. Until now I assumed the pace ZDT thingy would give me new permanent licenses.. sucks that it doesn't.

Yeah especially I didn't even think anymore I would. I just took the piece of clothes and... it was there. I suppose it fell from that tiny little space from the zipper-thing to close your bag, if you see what I mean. It's not as secure as my bagpack, so in the future it won't just be in a regular cabin bagage pocket !

I'm interested in the TLC thing, I don't even know if you have to pay on top of WUP ?

Btw I would suggest to get some kind of chain / string and tie it to the iLok. Both the iLok and the iLok2 have these holes so you can use a loop.
If the chain / string is long enough chances are you won't loose it as easily and you can just attach it to your keys or the laptop / laptop bag etc.

At least that's what I' going to do now, after calculating how much money I'd loose :lol:

yeah i have to find a solution as well. Even if in a near future i'm gonna settle a little more and won't neet to carry the ilok everywhere and every 5 days, it's still not practical on a laptop.