Ok. Lets talk about New Frontier

Iced In Flames said:
My favorite Maiden song since Afraid to Shoot Strangers. The intro is a ripoff of Silver Wings but the chorus is just fucking great!!!!! Awesome song!

Ah....perhaps we should nottalk about it. The chorus is cool, but, other than that, it's clearly filler.

Of course, it's light years better than most of the shite found on "Fear of the Dark".

Read it. Believe it. Accept it.

Enjoy!

There's a poll?? This I gotta see.

I bet some turds have been voting for Pashencrap and Dance Of Death... :lol:

TravisW said:
Okay, I enjoy Paschendale pretty well, but DOD is definitely NOT one of the best tracks on that album.
Yeah, although I still don't like Paschendale I can see some would enjoy it. I'm sure it will eventually grow on me.

Dance Of Death on the other-hand is just shit. :(

Is New Frontier about cloning?

Age of Innoscence is definitly my second favorite! DoD is by far one of Maidens worst songs too. Its ok if its meant to be told as a story but....

anyone notice the comparison of that Celtic sounding crap to the middle of Stonehenge by Tap? :)

Who cares what the intro is like when the rest of the song goes nowhere, the lyrics suck, and the vocals don't even fit the music?

Beast In Flames said:
What the fuck are you guys on?! The intro to DoD is one of Maiden's finest moments! The 3 guitar parts simply rule!
I have to agree with BIF on this one. But, I also think DOD is a good song altogether. I like most of the album as a matter of fact. I just don't have any fuckin' idea what it is people expect from them nowdays. If you think they're going to release another "Seventh Son" like album, fuckin' forget about it. What in the fuck is it people want? If Maiden ain't your cup of tea anymore, listen the fuck to something else.

This isn't coming from a "Maiden sheep" by the way. I've listened to the band since '86, but the band fell out of favor with me from NPFTD all through the Blaze era. Instead of whining like a little girl I listened to other things that gave me what I was looking for.

Man the lyrics to DoD are some of the worst they have ever written. This is coming from a band like Maiden, who is neither known nor hailed for their lyrics (except by their idiotic sheeplike masses of fans). Not only that, but it's probably THE worst vocal performance ever laid down by Bruce. He sounds like hes grunting AND attempting to hit a high note at the same time, resulting in a goofy, pretentious sounding vocal mess. THE SONG SUCKS ASS!!!! This is not an opinion. There will be no positive opinions on the worth of this song on the non-sheep forums. :D