Ok Mac guys, Logic and DFH2 Question

CJWall

Oct 21, 2005
Southwest Florida, USA
Alright, a friend of mine is trying to get DKFH2 up and running on is Mac withLogic Pro.

He lives a few states away and I can't physically look at what he's doing to help him, not to mention I've never used Logic what-so-ever.

So if any of you dudes know the process starting from opening logic, assigning DFH2 to a MIDI track somehow and getting to the programming, please let me know in as much detail as you can. He is a complete beginner and just needs some help getting going.

Thank you!
Charlie

I'm actually not even sure if DFH2 works with Logic - the section on Toontracks forum for DFH2 has been removed, or I'd have him check there, but all I can really say is to set up an instrument track and insert it as a multi-output sampler... but then you have to go in and setup more enviornment aux tracks, and all kinds of gay ish (for Superior, at least, unless you just ran it in stereo AKA no mixing individual pieces).

hey mate..

DFH is a multi instrument plug in and works perfectly with logic pro..

first.. you need to have an audio instrument available to work from...

you can use this track to write all your midi data in via either matrix editor or score editor...

then..

all you need to do is select Toontrack drummer as the multi instrument input and then setup 13 AUx channels to be used as the individual outputs for DFH... eg.. aux 1 is kick drum, aux 2 ..snare drum.. etc etc......to do this you will have to select for each Aux channel....

however the ambient mics are setup to be used as the Audio Instument channel strip output by default and this cannot be changed...

i hope this helped...

i dunno how clear i was... any more questions feel free to ask...