OK SO WHO OF YOU WlMPS AND POSERS LIKE SWORDMASTER

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
Yeah, they sold out later, but that's another story...

"Postmortem Tales" is one hell of an asskicking album, it's just fucking SPEED SPEED THRASH THRASH RIFF RIFF POUND YOUR HEAD WITH LETHAL DEATH and then LAAA LAAA LAAA awesome Iron Maiden melody ensues! I love it. It's not Gothenburg metal for it thrashes far too fucking much for that. Very underrated band. Anyone other than me and Lutz here even care about this band?

I'm just going to live up to the expectations and be my usual predictable self, and say that I haven't heard them. I don't have any desires to check them out either.

You should start listening to bands like Suffocation, Erik.

I was going to say "I don't listen to my pals music" but I think people here take offense at jokes like that nowadays, so I'll just go ahead and say it like it is; I don't care much for brutal death metal and "Pleasure to Kill" kicks more fucking ass than any of your 600 bpm blastfests ever could, so there.

Though I don't doubt that Suffocation et al is quality music...

Erik said:
I was going to say "I don't listen to my pals music" but I think people here take offense at jokes like that nowadays, so I'll just go ahead and say it like it is; I don't care much for brutal death metal and "Pleasure to Kill" kicks more fucking ass than any of your 600 bpm blastfests ever could, so there.

Yep, I don't really know what this thread is about, but I agree to what has been said.

Marksveld: This thread aims to encourage you to purchase this mighty fine piece of metal mastery:

sm_pt.gif

Get on it!

Erik said:

Twas just a recommendation, I didn't intend to DISS your musical preferences. I mean, you DO like old-school DM like early Entombed and Dismember.. A natural progression would be early Cannibal Corpse, early Suffocation, etc.

Erik said:
I don't care much for brutal death metal and "Pleasure to Kill" kicks more fucking ass than any of your 600 bpm blastfests ever could, so there.
Quoted for truth. Nile and their ilk could never hope to match the utter asskickery of ZEE RIOT! OV! VIIILAAAAAANNNNNNCE!! (Though early Suffocation is pretty damn cool.)

Oh yeah, uh, e-mail me an mp3 from this band or something. pyrus at metal-archives dot com. I am intrigued.

Henrik Main said:
I'm just going to live up to the expectations and be my usual predictable self, and say that I haven't heard them. I don't have any desires to check them out either.
I concur and lolz at the Suffonigger joke. Suffocation does indeed kick a lot of ass, and I've yet to hear any of their albums (saw them live).

I like death metal as long as it's either "The Red in the Sky is Ours", "Necroticism" or recorded in studio Sunlight during 1987-1992. Hell Michael Motörcycle just sent me "Effigy of the Forgotten" so let's see what we have here...

Marksveld said:
where's the love for Morbid? Too fucking bad its impossible to get the demos.
Got "December Moon" as a tape dub and on the Morbid/Mayhem split bootleg, fucking classic. Not that much death metal though, even if it obviously came out of the Stockholm/Sunlight scene. Treblinka/Tiamat and Morbid were always the blackest of that bunch.

Pyrus: Will do.

I'll probably get shit for saying this, but I ... don't like death metal. Things that I can listen to without getting horribly bored would include : At the Gates, Gothenburg stuff, Vehemence, and Morbid. Thats about it. Maybe I just haven't heard the right thing yet.

oh come on, there's plenty of great death metal out there, though I'm not into the extremely brutal stuff either. But Aeternus, Asphyx, The Chasm, Bolt Thrower, Rudra, Nile, Carcass, Hypocrisy, Pan Thy Monium, Souldburn, Amon AMarth, and Arghoslent are way cool.

haven't heard Swordmaster. Is that the Phil Anselmo band, or am I thinking of someone else?

EDIT: okay, I was thinking of Viking Crown. Nevermind.

Marksveld said:
I'll probably get shit for saying this, but I ... don't like death metal. Things that I can listen to without getting horribly bored would include : At the Gates, Gothenburg stuff, Vehemence, and Morbid. Thats about it. Maybe I just haven't heard the right thing yet.
If you don't like it you don't like it, that's cool. But you should try Nile, Morbid Angel, Carcass, Mithras, Death, Pestilence, and... well that would be a good start. :)

EDIT: And Hypocrisy. Jebus how could I forget them, was just listening to them last night. PM if you want an mp3 or 6.

I must have listened to it because I remember clicking it but now I'm playing Swordmaster again and can't recall anything from the Suffocation song :) will try again though

Amon Amarth aren't total death metal, but they rule. How could I have forgotten Nile? One of the best bands ever, but its because of their unique influences, I'd say. If you stripped Nile of their Egyptian styled-melodies I don't think there would be a huge appeal to me.