ok, what do you guys think of Soilwork

Originally posted by Rusted_in_peace50
hey Biatch Guy are you gonna see them next month at Jaxx? i will be there, i mean fuck its $15!!!!

dude, I wish I could, but I won't have a ride down there. I went down to see Iced Earth & In Flames with Wiseblood from the Deth BB (he doesn't post anymore) and he probably doesn't want to be bothered for another such excursion.

I want a car dammit.. :cry:

soilwork are sellouts, they sold above 10,000 copies and no longer have 2134234.345235235/2134927833w43.4 time signatures. they also have band pictures in the liner notes!!!!!! what the fuck is that!!!

You my friend, are a dim wench.

You just blatantly admitted that Soilwork have toned down their music. How does it feel to shoot yourself in the foot? :rolleyes:

:D

-Trapped

since when did "heavy and extreme" have ANYTHING to do with being commercial?

That was not my point. Soilwork used to be a great HEAVY band, with awesome musicianship... and now they are just an In Flames clone with a Linkin Park fashion sense. :rolleyes:

...Rust in peace is an awesome peice of work. It is extreme in terms of musicianship, and opposed to Soilwork's new releases, they "ENDED THE FUCKING SONG WHEN WE WANTED TO" to quote dave.

I could quite easily see Soilwork's new songs on the radio. THe only thing that is 'exteme' (or otherwise keeping them from radioplay) is the vocals, which fuckin' suck anyway.

so your saying that Neurotica Rampage could be on TRL next to britney spears?

What the hell is TRL??

anyway... I could see most of their stuff on the radio, yes. but not all. The same thing goes for korn. Some of their stuff is radio stuff, and other songs WOULDN'T fit on the radio.

Listen to 'Structure divine', and take note of the blatantly nu-metal riff.

Then compare the song to say, Demon in veins... for instance, and tell me THEN that they haven't changed for a more commercially acceptable tone and style.

yeah, structure divine is a piece of shit, but all bands have their shit songs.

...It's just a pity that the shole album blows even more than SD. :rolleyes:

Lets face it, it is watered down compared to their brilliant old stuff.

Agreed about DHIADW being better than APP.

But do you see where i'm coming from? If Soilwork have watered down their material this much over the course of two albums, then what are the next few albums going to be like?? It's a scarey thought.

Went to see Defaced yesterday, a side project of soilwork's drummer, Henry Ranta.
Together with guitarplayers of Darkane and Terror 2000.
I was amazed! I'ts killer!
It was in a small venue but i had a great time, the sound was very good, except for the cymbals and i think that's a shame, Ranta grooves on his ride and we weren't able to hear it..
But, to fill in on this thread, i do like Soilwork!
It's heavy, but groovy too! and i really like that, it's catchy..
'nuff said, go check out Defaced!

xxx Iris xxx

Sacramental sachem played before them. They weren't bad, not at all! But it seemed they had a hell of a party the day before and well, the drummer "zat er een paar keer goed naast".(en stonden later op de avond met z'n allen hun kater weg te zuipen..) but i really enjoyed their performance!
The day before they played with Outburst, you ever heard them? Their leadsinger is a collegue of mine!
Did you went to one of the gigs too?

xxx Iris xxx