okay guys the roots of metal

Right.

Metal came from somewhere. Obviously, rock and roll came from blues, which means black. Led. Zepelin sp was maybe the incubator but not the only one. I almost bought deep purple - burn today, and the listened to my wife watch School of Rock, and heard so many familiar rifs...

So talk to me...what were the crucibles which moved hard rock to "metal"

Gah

Immigrant Song is definitly one of the first METAL metal songs, to bad all of Zep can't be that baddass.

I remember once reading something interesting that suggested new ideas, inventions, etc can almost never be found to stem from once singular source. New things are less a product of individuals but the times. If one were to look hard enough they would find multiple people in different places often coming to similar conclusions nearly simultaneously (or near enough as to discount the possibility of imitation).

Dark One said:

and the album cover is totally :headbang: too --
thumbnailaspfilenamecinetpubwwwrootprogarchivescompropm7.jpg

anyway, what everyone else said plus link wray

BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH

Thanatopsis123 said:
I remember once reading something interesting that suggested new ideas, inventions, etc can almost never be found to stem from once singular source. New things are less a product of individuals but the times. If one were to look hard enough they would find multiple people in different places often coming to similar conclusions nearly simultaneously (or near enough as to discount the possibility of imitation).
for example the telephone