Old Blind Guaridan and speed metal

what's the cut off point between old and new BG? ATitM was used, and cheap, so meh

the first two are the ones that are SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED METAL and quite good, i don't really have an opinion on the mid period material (i.e. after "follow the blind" but before they dropped any pretentions of being anything other than a complete and total masturbation fest that leaves "over the top" lightyears behind to head straight into the outer limits of "holy shit, i literally -- literally -- can not with my good mind comprehend the fact that someone took this much time to record layer after layer after layer of what amounts to absolutely nothing except a fingernail-removingly excruciating listening experience") because i'm sure it is power metal done well but power metal is a type of music that i very much do not enjoy

i admit i have heard somewhere far beyond, but i heard it in my angry anything with clean vocals is gay, seeing everything black and white stage. i remember liking the folksy parts, but yes, some choruses sounded like pure velveeta, but hey, im all about second chances, so here we go.

if you want to listen to blind guardian at their GREATEST, try these

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7KIVoFsn28&fmt=18[/ame]
(i wanted the studio version but youtube keeps removing them these days)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIoqvSP6Uk0&fmt=18[/ame]
(this is their BEST song)

Jeff, I'd suggest picking up "Live", it's a sampler platter of everything on the menu. The songs ANatO come to their own on a live stage. For studio releases, everything up to Nightfall... is stellar. Pull a negar and take ATitM back, there's nothing there worth more than a listen or two.

Lots of people at the Dragonforce concert were wearing BG shirts. That's enough for me. Iced Earth, too, btw.

I seen some of the weirdest people in my days at a Blind Guardian gig. This comes from somebody living 15 minutes from Hollywood. BlizzCon must have been taking place next door and these chaps wandered over to see what the commotion was.

Needless to say, my PalliBubble Burst.

I think I am one of the few who actually know what Blizzcon and "pallybubble" is without looking it up.
There lives a big geek inside RiA methinks.

I can't hold a conversation with my negar co-worker without him bringing up that game/guild/his DPS/or his gear. Anyhow, geeks like that eat up Dragonforce, BG, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, and the like.
greddy2.gif

Honestly, I can't even make the time to finish good videogames like DeadSpace.

My brother is absolutely nuts for that game. Needless to say, he's crazy for faggy bands like those. He seriously has a mustard stain on his shirt at all time. Stains galore.

he's alive, he just pm:ed me on HELGON a couple of days ago (if you're reading this stefan i fully intend to answer)

alright, some of the chroruses still strike me as cheeseball, and man there's a lot going on, but overall, nightfall in middle earth is a winner