Old Kiuas EPs

Mikko Ilmarinen

Son of Ukko
Sep 12, 2005
Hellsinki/Finland
www.kiuas.net
There has been some interest in the old Kiuas EPs.
So here's what I can tell:
Only a 1000 copies of "Winter in June"(Rage of Achilles records) exist. Check out the distributors from the "releases" section of our homepage. At least firebox had a few of them left, last time I checked. I don't know about the others though. So if you're interested, act fast, because it will become a rarity. :D
The few copies of our two demos,...I mean self-financed EPs (sounds much cooler :loco: ) we'd like to keep ourselves. But there are a few hundred of them somewhere out there, so if you're interested in collectibles, stay alert!! :p
SO,...If somebody knows something about the whereabouts of this stuff, post here!!

So...are there any intentions of re-recording your old stuff? I'd like to hear The Discipline of Steel the song...it's like what 12 minutes long...?

You should release your demos and early EP's as bonus discs on future albums. That would be great!

Limited edition of course, that way it gives people like me who don't have a credit card and won't order over the net to have a chance at getting rare items.

Kirurgisti said:
So...are there any intentions of re-recording your old stuff? I'd like to hear The Discipline of Steel the song...it's like what 12 minutes long...?

Yeah, it's pretty long! :Spin:
And there are some quite extraordinary parts in there like the "black waltz" with the finnish spoken part describing the birth of iron from the Kalevala...:loco:
We HAVE been thinking about re-recording it, or then just releasing it as it is, because I think that would be more interesting. But we'll see,...if there are more people anxious to hear that song, let us know!!!

The Bringer said:
You should release your demos and early EP's as bonus discs on future albums. That would be great!

Limited edition of course, that way it gives people like me who don't have a credit card and won't order over the net to have a chance at getting rare items.

This is the kind of thing that's up to the record company again, we'll have to discuss and see what they think. Anyway, that would be a bit further in the future.
And yes, they would be limited editions, since it's bonus-type of material.
Of course, the original EPs will still remain rarities...:D ...AND if we DID decide to re-record some of the "old" songs, we probably wouldn't release the original versions, that would be too much!

I have to get that Winter In June EP because that song got me into Kiuas. And about those older EPs: gimme gimme gimme!

Moikka! Those original demo tapes would be very interesting to have. Re-release or something would be great :D I think it's better to just take more copies about those original demos and not to make any kind of re-mixing or re-recordings. I prefer the original versions and sounds when it comes to these kind of things because then you can also here a bit band's history and the original sound, rare :) . That 12 minutes long song wuold be very nice to hear :p

It didn't take a year!!! It only took a few weeks, I got it a year or so ago!!

I was surfing the net and found the Rage of Achilles site. I read some things about some of the bands on the label like Amoral, Elenium and Kiuas. I decided to order a few cds to see what they were like. I liked them all. I got Amoral - Wound Creations, Elenium - For Giving For Getting and Kiuas - Winter in June.

truthwithinlies said:
Amoral - Wound Creations, Elenium - For Giving For Getting and Kiuas - Winter in June.

Good choices indeed. I saw Amoral live couple of days ago, it was reylly good. :)

Amoral live!!! Cool. Where abouts was the gig?

Trying to get some cash together at the moment to get over to Europe. Looks like I will be there in August - in time for Wacken Open Air and catch any other festivals and gigs around through most of August and a week or so into September. That's the plan anyway....got to raise the cash first!!!

Hey! You would never guess, but these old Winter In June -EP´s are still available on Nightwish-Shop - www.nwshop.fi ... the price is 9,90 + shipping. And I agree ... you just got to have this EP!!!!

The version of "Warrior Soul" on the Winter In June mcd is IMO not as good as the other two versions I've heard. The album version is okay, but the best is the "original" version on the Born Under The Northern Lights ep. This song was actually the first one that I heard from Kiuas and the one that got me into listening to the band. Just can't get over the awesomeness of this piece :)