old man joey is back

kungfuju

New Metal Member
Nov 4, 2005
Seriously, Joey was a 10 when he was in his prime but we've moved on and e0en accustomed to something better so now that 10 isn't a 10 but maybe an 8 (at best) and time hasn't been too kind to the man.

Seriously he looks like he's every other band member's father.

There is nothing wrong with that as such. Hell he probably looks better than I will at that age but it's very different from the rest of the band just the visual representation of how he doesn't fit any more.

Such a shame to release something as hardcore as the greater of two evils and lose the man that made it so hardcore and the key ingredient to the sound white noise and we've come for you all.

Oh well, such is life but perhaps it won't be too long until Anthrax gets back to more John action.

kungfuju said:
Seriously, Joey was a 10 when he was in his prime but we've moved on and e0en accustomed to something better so now that 10 isn't a 10 but maybe an 8 (at best) and time hasn't been too kind to the man.

There is nothing wrong with that as such. Hell he probably looks better than I will at that age but it's very different from the rest of the band just the visual representation of how he doesn't fit any more.

Such a shame to release something as hardcore as the greater of two evils and lose the man that made it so hardcore and the key ingredient to the sound white noise and we've come for you all.

Oh well, such is life but perhaps it won't be too long until Anthrax gets back to more John action.

Wine wine wine, Boo hoo, Boo hoo, Baby didn't get his way. Awwwww.

CesspoolOfSkulls said:
Wine wine wine, Boo hoo, Boo hoo, Baby didn't get his way. Awwwww.

But I did get teh best Anthrax albums produced. They have been around for ages. I suppose this is a good way for them to die off.

kungfuju said:
But I did get teh best Anthrax albums produced. They have been around for ages. I suppose this is a good way for them to die off.

Die off huh? suuurreee, Keep telling yourself that man, Boo hoo, Booooo hoooooo. poor baby. Why don't you go protest at a hippie parade instead a message board?

Novembers "Classic Rock" Magazine: Vocalist John Bush believes his days with Anthrax are finished. The band are still touring with his predecessor, Joey Belladonna, and repordly planning to record a new studio record. "For Me, I look at it as its over," Bush says

kungfuju said:

I doubt it! Get over it! Joey IS the voice of anthrax and i dont understand how people think otherwise. :puke:

I can't understand how you'd turn your back on such a masterpiece of an album as WCFYA. It's only been two years since it's been out. On the other hand, I was in a completely different place in my life two years ago. It's pretty pathetic to call a dude a loser who just joined this board. He's just voicing his opinion and I think a year ago, there were way more board members posting the same rumblings when the rumours were flying around that this would happen. Right on the heels of the release of Greater of Two Evils too, which still gets plenty of listens on my IPod when I'm on the subway or at work.

I think it would be awesome if they reunited with Bush. They should at least do one show in Vegas or at the Aragon in Chicago or something and announce it way in advance so all the die hard Bush lovers would go no matter where it was. "YOU CANNOT KILL, WHAT DOESN'T DIE"!!!!!!!

If they released another album with Joey, I'd at least give it a chance.

jpike said:
I doubt it! Get over it! Joey IS the voice of anthrax and i dont understand how people think otherwise. :puke:

Because they will turn into the embarrassment that is KISS. You tour on a set-list older than 13 years forever.

Anthrax hit the big time with Joey in the lineup, and that is where they should be. Bush wasn't Anthrax, he was a fill in. The classics that Anthrax recorded with Joey are the ones that everyone will remember long after this band is gone. But for now, Joey is where he belongs.

And you are freakin high if you think Joey looks like everyone's father, what a crock. The guy has more energy and stage persona than guys half his age. His voice and range couldn't be better right now, he is amazing out there.

I just watched their performance last night from June in NJ and this is the lineup that IS Anthrax. A great sound, great energy, the masters are back.

I saw Bush with Anthrax twice at the HOB and he was good, but nothing like Joey, who has the style and voice that Anthrax needs.

Sleestak

Sleestak said:
I saw Bush with Anthrax twice at the HOB and he was good, but nothing like Joey, who has the style and voice that Anthrax needs.

Sleestak
Style and voice that Anthrax needs?? You said Anthrax need an 80's style?? IMO They are a better band with Bush as singer and they where current with Bush in the band. John is a better singer and frontman than Joey.
Now they are a band who played song release 20 years ago. No newer song, just good, but old songs. People want to ear the stuff release after 91, not just before, they had to play every era of the band history.
Alive 2 is the worst live album ever release by the band, even island years is better, at least island years was current when they release it.
It's so pathetic.
:Smug: