Old metal or Nu-metal

Why Nu Metal ? Call it Rap Core or MTV Rock.
They can't degrade Metal more///

...........................................................................................................

I see the 80-s 're risin'
there on a horizon
I'm comin' home

Oh dear me. Yet another bullshit thread. For the purpose of staying on the topic i say old metal is better. Simply because i like the sound more. Nu-metal (really depends what you count this as) is ok....i mean i'd rather listen to it than some crappy hip-hop or dance shite. I wouldn't say Nu-metal is shit, just badly named. In the eyes of most serious metal fans such as users of this site (myself included) it just sounds like some souped up pop-rock most of the time. I don't care if bands wantto make that sound, they just shouldn't be classed as metal, even if they are "Nu". They just divert attention away from real metal acts.
But as many people i know have said, if these shite new metal bands can act as stepping stones to far better real metal for all these kids who listen then maybe they do serve a purpose.

Lord SteveO said:
But as many people i know have said, if these shite new metal bands can act as stepping stones to far better real metal for all these kids who listen then maybe they do serve a purpose.

That is an Awsome point! .... I love you Sig! Manowar rules!

Besides, many of the bands classed as 'nu-metal' or 'mallcore'(what a fucking retarded term) are clearly of other genres. It's simply an overused piece of elitist shit terminology.

Lord SteveO said:
I wouldn't say Nu-metal is shit, just badly named. .

Good point man , why did they call metal , metal. They could have called it NuBlues , but they didn't cause there is a defenite gap or leap from one music forum to another. They shouldn't have used the term "metal", I feel the gap is there once again ( not for the better this time ) and yes it's whole lot better than having to listen to pop or some other crap - but it's still not metal.
This shitty thread sure gets a lot of post.

Christ! People agreed with me! I've said all i wanted to before, just good to see that other people see it the same way. I say we start a petition to get nu-metal's name changed!!!

anonymousnick2001 said:
Besides, many of the bands classed as 'nu-metal' or 'mallcore'(what a fucking retarded term) are clearly of other genres. It's simply an overused piece of elitist shit terminology.

A retarded term for a even more retarded form of music ...... But as someone mentioned before it does open up the doors for new fans of metal ... it kinda gives em a taste if they like it hopefully they will discover that there is much better forms of Metal out there ....... Hahhaha I'm not flammin ya! but being the Elitist peice of shit that I am I think the term Mallcore works perfectly it explains the over commercialization(hahaha Cant spell) of the Genre

JonnyD said:
but being the Elitist peice of shit that I am I think the term Mallcore works perfectly it explains the over commercialization(hahaha Cant spell) of the Genre
Strange considering i've seen iron maiden, pantera, shadows fall, cradle of filth, dimmu borgir, kataklysm, cannibal corpse, cryptopsy, black label society, alice in chains, soundgarden, machine head, anthrax, slayer, and god knows how many other metal bands's cds and shirts at the mall. i suppose that makes them comercial and therefore, mallcore by your logic?

Obsolete666 said:
Strange considering i've seen iron maiden, pantera, shadows fall, cradle of filth, dimmu borgir, kataklysm, cannibal corpse, cryptopsy, black label society, alice in chains, soundgarden, machine head, anthrax, slayer, and god knows how many other metal bands's cds and shirts at the mall. i suppose that makes them comercial and therefore, mallcore by your logic?
Yes :err: Thank you for putting words in my Mouth I didnt think My own thoughts made sense