Old school Chatters thread

So I went to Pukkelpop last wednesday and returned Sunday. The festival itself was from thursday till saturday and it basicly ruled. Pukkelpop ain't really a metal festival but more of an alternative one.
It was divided in 8 podiums:

- Main Stage: all kinds of major artists
- Skate Stage: the more skaty music
- The Marquee: main rock and nu-metal
- Boiler: electro, trance and techno and stuff
- Dance Hall: dance with a little rock
- Chateau: never visited that one
- Club: never visited that one
- Wablief: stand-up comedy and some minor artists

So here's my little report on the artists that I saw.

Day1:
* Eagles of death metal: solid old school rock from the age of starting motorhead. Pretty decent show with a sometimes funny frontman.
* Fall Out Boy: My friend wanted to see this one so I just thought I'd join and they weren't actually that bad. Some older songs and new ones, pretty good altough it's not really my kind of music.
* Kaiser Chiefs: nice suprising band.
* Basement Jaxx: not what I expected to hear. They're records sound diffrent from the stuff they bring live. Not too bad but I did want to hear more music like they play on their records
* Soulfly: one word: AMAZING. Max Cavalera really pwns. He played alot of old stuff which was great to shout along. Some instrumental parts made the show complete.
* Dominik Eulberg: techno. Not really my thing
* Boys Noize: Techno and Electro music. Mega bass lines in the mixes. Waay better.

artists I missed but wanted to see:
Peter pan speedrock
Iggy and the stooges
Zombie Nation
The Blackout
Tiga
Fixkes

Day2:
* Funeral for a friend: I heard of the band but never actually heard the music. It was a nice suprise. Sounds kinda like the little brother of Trivium
* Within Temptation: Sharon is freaking hot! Great show too. Some songs from the album together with some of mother earth and The silent force make a great combination. Altough with the last song Ice Queen she was having trouble with the altitude of her voice it was a wonderfull gig.
* The Smashing Pumpkins: Well I expected alot more of these old timers. It sounded like they were building up to a climax but it never came. Pretty lame show.
* Black Strobe: saw half an hour of this dance/rock foursome cuz I wanted to see Sharon den Adel :p but that half hour was wonderfull. The rock elements in the music were great. Definitly will download their cds.
* The Black Dahlia murder: pleasent suprise. I actually didn't expect much from them but they turned out just fine
* Uffie & DJ Feadz: good electro
* DJ Jazzy Jeff: great DJ with some serious bass lines again.

artists I missed:
The enemy
Chris cornell
Nosfell
Flip Kowlier
Shameboy
Triggerfinger
The Van Jets

Day3
*Lacuna Coil: Wonderfull, just wonderfull. Christina looked pretty old but yet she still was pretty sweet with a nice ass :p They should've played in the afternoon but their buss brokedown so they were rescheduled to 8 pm. Too bad they had to play on the Skate Stage instead of the Main Stage. They played their own classics and also a song from Depeche Mode which Christina and the audience sung better then Depeche mode themselves, simply amazing.
* The Streets: a real bummer. I really looked forward to seeing them but I only saw like 3 songs and left cuz they sucked live.
* Nine Inch Nails: fuck yeah! That's all I have to say ;D
* Tool: I'm not really a big fan of tool but they suprised me. They played really good live and I even recognised some songs from them and I only heard their classics.
* Sonic Youth: Partially saw them. Not too bad
* Enter Shikari: they played instead of Lacuna Coil on the main stage. They were great! solid roars (with some technical help for that) and an insane drummer. Not that he was insanely great at drummer, more like average but he was just crazy. When the singer had some technical difficulties with his equipment, the drummer started dancing on some dance/hardstyle tune. Pretty funny show.
* From Autumn To Ashes: yeah, great live show.
* Agoria vs Oxia: nice drum'n'bass/electro but needed more bass.

artists I missed:
Hellogoodbye
She shins
LCD Soundsystem
Madball
Armand van Helden
Felix the Housecat
DJ 4T4
Kate Nash
Woven Hand

other than seeing these bands I was stoned and drunk 4 days long :p