Old School's YouTube Thread

Pantera in 1984 playing in my hometown of Lawton, OK. I was surprised to find this.
YouTube - Pantera - Seek & Destroy Cover 1984

Megadeth with Kerry King on guitar:
YouTube - The Mechanix (live)
YouTube - Megadeth- The Conjuring
YouTube - Megadeth- My Last Words

Dave Ellefson talking about Kerry King's brief stint with Megadeth
YouTube - David Ellefson talks about Kerry King's time in Megadeth

Hilarious segment from an 80's episode of 20/20 about the evils of heavy metal
YouTube - 20/20 Heavy Metal Clip Pt. 1
YouTube - 20/20 Heavy Metal Clip Pt. 2

Exodus: Piranha live in 1985
YouTube - Exodus-Piranha

Suicidal Tendencies: Possessed to Skate
YouTube - Suicidal Tendencies - Possessed to Skate

Twisted Sister feat. Alice Cooper-Be Cruel to your school(look for Bobcat Goldwait)
YouTube - Twisted Sister - Be Cruel To Your School feat. Alice Cooper

Royal Hunt live in Japan (1996), this excellent show gets re-released on dvd later this year. DC Cooper at the top of his game... what's up with the stage antics though?:lol:

Flight
Wasted Time
Stay Down
On The Run
Stranded
Martial Arts
Far Away
Last Goodbye
Land Of Broken Hearts
Makin' A Mess
Clown In The Mirror
Jacob Kjaer's guitar solo
Step By Step
Drum and Bass solo
Running Wild
Epilogue
Age Gone Wild acoustic
Ten To Life acoustic
Legion Of The Damned acoustic
Kingdom Dark
Time

There's also a new RH live dvd with John West on vocals, looks damn fine:
Never Give Up

Great !! I've never seen these original clips ....
Well let's just say that visuals never were Grim Reaper's strong point...:p
Still, these videos are so 80s and cheesy and awesome you just gotta love 'em.
Grim Reaper was a great band but I even like the first Chateaux 'Chained and Desperate" album more, also with vocals of Grimmet ...
This was before Grim Reaper? I know after GR he was in Onslaught for a while and then in Lionsheart but I've never heard about Chateaux... I'll look into them, thanks. Steve's definitely one of the most grossly overlooked vocalists out there..:kickass:

Well let's just say that visuals never were Grim Reaper's strong point...:p
Still, these videos are so 80s and cheesy and awesome you just gotta love 'em.

This was before Grim Reaper? I know after GR he was in Onslaught for a while and then in Lionsheart but I've never heard about Chateaux... I'll look into them, thanks. Steve's definitely one of the most grossly overlooked vocalists out there..:kickass:

As far as I recall that Chateaux Album and "See you in Hell" appeared at about the same time. I think I even bought both together...
CHATEAUX "Chained And Desperate" Copyright 1983 Ebony Records

edit; just checked and Chateaux is one year earlier than Grim Reaper !

haha , that's great...who the heck filmed that one ???? Well, if you catch me headbangin' it must be good :headbang:

Thanx alot for posting !!

What was that band. Great song and even greater quitar solo.:kickass:

Aha well, lets see. The guitarist called JS left the band and joined a very well known band that was down on its luck. With his they recorded an album that was heavier and better than most of their albums before and has great success.

Then tragically the singer /bass player of this band, who was and is a real rock icon, died on January 4, 1986. And the band fell appart.

The guitarist I am talking about joined a very well US based band that was down on its luck. With him they recorded an album that was heavier and better than most of their albums before and has great success. He also wrote a substancial part of the songs.

However when it was time to tour the singer/leader fired our guitarist. So he started a solo career.

A few years ago he started a sort of tribute band for the band of the singer bass player that died.

Have any idea? ;)