Old School's YouTube Thread

Some very rare 80's footage from a Belgian speedmetal band called Trial. Recorded at a rehearsel and found and posted by a good friend of me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8apqCCxORyc

Wow dude, take all the videos down, this is it. Thanks dude this is some pretty kick ass shit right here, pardon the french... Makes newer metal bands like Wolf and Trivium look like utter posers. Something I've been noticing about the new "true" bands, they try to fucking hard, this is utter true and natural heavy fucking metal. You made my day, thanks. One problem though, how the hell can I get a hold of a recording?

Please don't tell me this band broke up before they could record their eponymous debut...:worship:

Wow dude, take all the videos down, this is it. Thanks dude this is some pretty kick ass shit right here, pardon the french... Makes newer metal bands like Wolf and Trivium look like utter posers. Something I've been noticing about the new "true" bands, they try to fucking hard, this is utter true and natural heavy fucking metal. You made my day, thanks. One problem though, how the hell can I get a hold of a recording?

Please don't tell me this band broke up before they could record their eponymous debut...:worship:

They did have an album and an EP , they are hard to find though... and not yet re-released on CD. A friend of me is busy with that. Just the matter of getting the master tapes in hands at a reasonable price. But I wouldn't go overhead, they weren't THAT good !
But indeed this kind of recordings gives the "real" feeling of a band at that time. These guys don't care for the pose or so, it's genuin....Although I too have to point out I think Wolf SLAYS live !!!

Maybe they weren't "that good" or revolutionary, but it did sound pretty good to me, the DIY thing gives it the edge I guess. Well, I like me some Wolf, I have "Evil Star" and enjoy a great deal of the songs, but looking at those fresh faces in the booklet kinda makes me wonder why they look so darn clean. I mean even as funny as Hetfield looked on the back of KEA booklet, he was still metal... I think it has to do with the dirty good for nothing kinda attitude, what Metallica and this band, have, but not Wolf. Sorry for comparing Wolf with Trivium, lol, that band is shite in every department... But there's my take on it.

Thanks for the rocking vids guys:headbang:

I'm gonna edit another reply as not to double post, but that Oliva's Pain vid tsorl posted was awesome. Edge of Thorns is an album I haven't found, and frankly I'm a bit wary of since I thought Zak was the voice at the time...? I'm not a big fan of the uh how to term it..."opera" stuff like "Gutter Ballet," but this is rockin here. I've not looked for any of Oliva's solo work, did he ever pick up the attitude he had on HOTMK? I'd like to consider myself a 'Tage fan, but Sirens/Dungeons/HOTMK stuff is where I'm at, should I consider Oliva's solo work?

I'm gonna edit another reply as not to double post, but that Oliva's Pain vid tsorl posted was awesome. Edge of Thorns is an album I haven't found, and frankly I'm a bit wary of since I thought Zak was the voice at the time...? I'm not a big fan of the uh how to term it..."opera" stuff like "Gutter Ballet," but this is rockin here. I've not looked for any of Oliva's solo work, did he ever pick up the attitude he had on HOTMK? I'd like to consider myself a 'Tage fan, but Sirens/Dungeons/HOTMK stuff is where I'm at, should I consider Oliva's solo work?

Yeah, you should, the latest album "Maniacal Renderings" has a lot of "oldschool" Savatage stuff in it. That should have been a new Savatage album !!
check new stuff out at http://www.myspace.com/jonoliva

Impressive. I liked "Through the Eyes," there's even an "Ah!" in there! :headbang:

When I heard about Oliva's Pain, it was recieved quite negatively, this really does capture a lot of the energy of the older days, something I miss. How about a "Jon Oliva's Anger," there's a hell of a voice there, and he still sounds angry as hell.

Thanks Carnut, I'll buy this album today, if it's out anyway! Thanks for sharing the best of the best in videos tsorl, hawk, greeno, wyvern, and those I can't remember offhand, I'm a lazy bastard and haven't contributed since my first post, hopefully I can get something done about that on 3/31 if I can make it to see Testament/Flotsom and Jetsom...

Unbelievable! I am on YouTube :lol:

2.jpg
The bald guy with small dark glasses and a camera it's me (the girl to my right is Dinia my love)

NP: Masterplan - 'Keeps Me Burning'

Last edited by a moderator:
Something pretty cool I found out in Youtube:
Sony BMG's official channel

It looks like they're adding pretty much every music video they own to YouTube and that's got to be a lot. In a few weeks they've added about 1600 videos already! And it looks like it's all in excellent quality too. Sure they're more of a mainstream music label but they've released many metal/hardrock albums through the years, especially in the 80s. I think this is a great gesture for the music fans from SonyBMG and hope other major labels follow their example! :kickass: