Old School's YouTube Thread

Time to pimp another local band.

[youtube]LB-fV9TeWYw&eurl[/youtube]

Unbelievable! I am on YouTube :lol:

2.jpg
The bald guy with small dark glasses and a camera it's me (the girl to my right is Dinia my love)

NP: Masterplan - 'Keeps Me Burning'

That's fun !! I noticed you even have a yellow submarine in CR !!:headbang:

Few days ago I got my hands on 2 early albums of Mari Hamada, a Japanese female singer who had Munetaka Higushi, drummer from Loudness in her band. As the albums sounded very good to me I went to look for more info, seems this lady is world famous in Japan so found some nice clips, the first is "Helter Skelter" from The Beatles. Unfortunatly her music after let's say '86 is very uninteresting, more kind of Japanese pop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cys946IVmDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpo5BesccIA

More recent clip, she's rockin again :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku97Au5JyYA

That's fun !! I noticed you even have a yellow submarine in CR !!:headbang:

Why is that there is a long story. There's also a rock bar called Yellow Submarine owned by the singer of Ghandi one of the pop-rock local bands (whose guitar was portrayed in the 155 musicians thread).

Bit commercial but there's a real nice "oldschool" riff there !!
Well, probably a band WE for a change will never get to see live !!

Neither do I :lol:. Actually before they asked to be added in MySpace I didn't know thy existed, don't know if I will go to listen to them. Unless the band it's inside the inner circle of bands managed by my friend Darren and/or the company for which Dinia works I tend no to go see live local acts, 99% of the time they're not worth.

And many of the acts that had came didn't grab my attention either, so I skipped them :D

Now it's time to pimp myself as director/cinematographer :D

My first digital video ever (the sound sucks). Trival live at the Rock Vive 2007 (the singer is a close friend of mine).

I'm ready to get offers from bands who want their video made :lol:

NP: Cathedral - 'North Berwick Witch Trials'

Last edited by a moderator:
ah ,same prob as with my cam..sound overload !!
maybe you can adjust the input volume?? I can't with mine so I'll have to tape something over the mic ...

My vote goes to ARI ... Very good cover version, raw vocals and not too soft music !! A++++

On the other hand music contests like this are a big fraud. In Belgium we just had a pretty big contest were bands needed to make a cover of an ol Dutch song. Beyond the Labyrinth, a progmetal band, did a great job and got 17.000 more online votes than the second band (wich is quit alot in a small country like Belgium). Still the "proffessional" jury didn't choose them for a final place in the top 5. Mentioning there was a band that send in their song too late, and the deadline was streched a bit a short after that...that band did end up in the top 5...

Ah, another clip from Ari...

hehe, give this young lady a record deal and she can make
a cover record probably more interesting than the last Jorn :)

carnut said:
Ah, another clip from Ari...

hehe, give this young lady a record deal and she can make
a cover record probably more interesting than the last Jorn :)

Hey buddy, that should be young guy. He is not a lady...

Sounds fun, but not really my cup of tea to listen to for all the songs..

this is something I like more, it keeps the "heavy-ness" of the song so well: