Olympics 2008

:loco: go usain bolt and the jaimaca boys

fucking amazing

another record 37.10 seconds in the 4x 100m relay

Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever looked at the people who work around the competitions? They look really whipped,all lined up and expressionless,i´m getting some serious gestapo-vibes.

He's even more ridiculous than you may have noticed, actually.

My friend pointed a few things out to me:

- In the beginning of the 100M race, Bolt actually tripped from the get-go. He had a pretty bad start.
- This is well-known, of course, but he slowed down and show-boated the last fifth or so of that race.
- For his record-breaking 200M race, Bolt was facing a -.7 second headwind, which means that they estimate the wind would have slowed him down by that length of time. For the race that set the record that he broke, there was a +.4 second tailwind.

I watched the Olympics for about a half hour tonight, and I turned it off because there's too much advertising. There's a 22-second event, then ten minutes of ads, then another 22-second event, then ten more minutes of ads.
Umm, you're exaggerating way too much. They've presented several events commercial free when possible. For example, the men's and women's beach volleyball matches were commercial free, and those run about 40-50 minutes. When they're dealing with events without much downtime, they're running them nonstop. On cable they ran the entire half of a soccer game. Sure they run commercials when they can, but usually in stuff where you have downtime, like diving or gymnastics, or between heats of track or swimming.

It definitely has far fewer commercials than a typical sporting event.

EGO??? I'm sorry if you didn't know, but Jamaican's have alot more joy then all of us combined. He has a right to celebrate. He's loose before his races. You look at all the other guys and there all tensed up and shit. I just really look at it as having fun.

He's racing the 4 x 100m Relay in about 40 mins, so it'll be interesting to watch and see if he breaks that world record too.

As I said the guy is amazing, and he should have an ego with his accomplishments. My point is if your going to be that dominant, in the spotlite and making history, you should try to do it in a classier way, he will only benefit from it. Acting like a clown can only hurt him or his legacy...maybe its the only way he knows how to act?

As I said the guy is amazing, and he should have an ego with his accomplishments. My point is if your going to be that dominant, in the spotlite and making history, you should try to do it in a classier way, he will only benefit from it. Acting like a clown can only hurt him or his legacy...maybe its the only way he knows how to act?

Acting like a clown?

He won a gold medal. He can celebrate however he wants.

Anyone can celebrate however they want to...I just think there is a certain way to do it that makes yourself look good as the whole world is watching. I was talking more in the way of his flexing, posing and all that pre-race shit, nevermind the way he coasted-looking around as he finished one of his races in wich he was widely criticized for doing. I don't mean to be the conduct policeman here, and I could really care less, but this guy could have endorsements, commercials etc that he could be pushing away with his actions...but I could be wrong.
Bottom line, the man is rediculous...and yes the Ozzman meant that in a good way.

The men's basketball final USA vs Spain was an interesting game. I don't usually watch basketball, but this game was fantastic. Congrats to the Americans who won the gold medal.