Olympics 2008

MasterOLightning

Optimator
Jun 3, 2003
Chicago
www.myspace.com
I'm sure something will be said about them the next few weeks. I watched a chunk of the opening Friday night, and it was pretty impressive. I'd love to see Chicago get the 2016 games. I think they have a very good chance, with Madrid being too close to the 2012 London games, and Tokyo being too close to the Beijing games, not to mention that Tokyo has already hosted the games. Rio probably has too much of a crime problem, but the lure of a 1st South American games might overpower Chicago. USA has not hosted in the summer since 1996.

I'm looking forward to a lot of the events. I like good underdog stories, so I hope there are many.

It was much cooler than what I've seen in my life. I worry, if Chicago was hosting, we have so much less to offer culturally. This is a great city to live in, but I'm not sure that can be expressed in such a stage show. It's great for 21st century people, but probably not so good for international showmanship.

shit i dont see how usa is losing to japan right now in womens volleyball, fucking blocking like every spike and spiking every ball into their face, this is great

I'd love to see Chicago get the 2016 games.

i dont, i want doha to win. i was in downtown doha when they announced their bid. the atmosphere was electric. people singing and hitting drums in the souqs, people driving down the road with flags out the window and honking their horn.

qatar is an awesome country and i want to see them succeed in this bid.

anyways, i'm watching womens weightlifting. its funny. watching these women lift absurd weights, and then get all girly when they win.

anyways, for this weight class it finished: china, turkey, taiwan (erm... chinese taipei)
~gR~

now watching womens soccer. china v canada. china should be dominating, but theyre flat right now
~gR~

I kinda started the Olympic stuff in another sports thread, glad it has its own thread now.
The opening ceremonies were the mother of all ceremonies...spectacular job!
I'll watch just about any event that time allows...GO USA!

Hell, I will now watch the Brazil synch swim team (twin sis members) after seeing this vid...:yow:

Last edited by a moderator:
figured they would win the next couple games. that loss was embarassing.

anywho, i'll see it tonight. about 30 mins into the coverage. currently watching mens gymnastics.
~gR~

Was this beach volleyball or regular volleyball?

I just watched Misty May and Kerri Walsh dominate Japan in Beach Vball. Misty May is hot as fuck as well

GOD OF THE POOL -Phelps wins his first gold medal of these Olympics. Sets the world record in the 400 IM.

BTW- all of ya must really hate synch swimming or are totally queer?:) (vid was smoking).

Atleast I know Ozzman isn't queer- he thinks Misty May is hot.
Wait, Cook-ta likes the Netha-chicks...I take back what I said.

A rule!
Though cute as buttons...we will not be having any hot sexy comments toward any of the Gymnasts, since they are all like 14 yrs old. Though, I do remember the last Olympics, some Russian chick was like ancient-being 20-something...she was kinda hot.