The Olympics

I want to try curling.

I really really really want to try curling. I even Wiki'd to understand the whole damn game, and now I'm even more fascinated. This game looks HARD to perfect and master.

Curling is really fun. I used to go into WIndsor with friends to do it when I lived in Michigan. It's a great time, you just have to find a rink that supports it. :erk:

I find it entertaining that no matter what figure skating has so much drama and someone always thinks that snowboarding doesn't belong in the olympics because it's either a) not a real sport or b) too associated with pot.

I want to try curling.

I really really really want to try curling. I even Wiki'd to understand the whole damn game, and now I'm even more fascinated. This game looks HARD to perfect and master. Those Norwegians can freakin kill.

The local curling club is having an open house this weekend. I think we're going to go check it out.

Since I don't have cable, I don't have MSNBC. I was stuck watching mens down hill skiing. WTF.

Gary Betteman should be PISSED that he didn't get Prime Time coverage for USA vs Canada, after allowing NHL players to play. This coverage is shit.

More women than men watch the Olympics. Women (generally speaking please) prefer a handful of downhill ski runs, a feel good story, ice dancing, a nice medal ceremony, etc. NBC isn't going to give them an entire preliminary round hockey game, even if it is USA vs. Canada.

I watched most of the game. Both teams played very hard, which made it entertaining. Miller had a great game, not so much for Brodeur.

Since I'm not really a hockey fan I was far more entertained by the Wikipedia edits after the game.

tg2yw

ip83gl.jpg

And also this:
canslide12.jpg

I can't wait for the USA/Canada gold medal game. REMATCH! Go USA!

I also managed to fall in love with curling. I looked it up and learned everything I can and now I'm a curling nerd...I wish Norway had won gold! YOU DON'T DESERVE SILVER WITH PANTS LIKE THAT, DAMNIT! :bah:

Out of the channels that I have available that was showing the Olympics (NBC, MSNBC, CNBC and I think USA may have had some coverage too), I spent most of the 16 days plastered to CNBC - I am a total and complete NUT for curling... I fell in luv with the sport in Torino and reminded why this year.. I just wish to God they had a curling facility closer than 2 hours away!! I sooooo want to play...

I have watched hockey - all on MSNBC or CNBC - ski jumping - short and normal; the bobsled - 2 & 4, just the men's; the luge; women and men's downhill, Super G, combined; Oh the mogels - men and women; speed skating - long and short, men and women's... I swear I've watched as much as I possibly could!!! I LOVE THE WINTER OLYMPICS..

I will admit, I did my best stay away from NBC - I don't care about the sweet stories.. I don't want highlights.. I want to watch as much of the actual events as POSSIBLE.. Today - Saturday - and tomorrow will be the time you can spend on highlights.

And I'm totally stoked about the US vs Canada men's hockey final today.. Two great goalies in net - Lou & Miller Time. I think it's going to be pretty physical but I think speed is going to play a HUGE factor - that and a super flukie goal. Both teams are phenominal...

I also managed to fall in love with curling. I looked it up and learned everything I can and now I'm a curling nerd...I wish Norway had won gold! YOU DON'T DESERVE SILVER WITH PANTS LIKE THAT, DAMNIT! :bah:

ahahaha Those pants were awesome weren't they... When I first saw them, I was like 'holy shit what is that!?!?' and then I was totally wanting a pair!!!

But the Canadien men deserved it - they went undefeated.. They always played a great game...

I gave up on the Olympics after 1996. It is an overgrown sports festival that had completely jumped the shark. I'd rather wait for the World's in each event that I am interested in. Though "Night Train" winning the 4-man Bob Gold was priceless.

CANADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Mens hockey GOLD over USA puts us into sole ownership of the most gold medals EVER at the Olympic Winter Games!! Sid the Kid just proved his worth and has already cemented his legend status in this country. What a couple of weeks it has been, and what a way to cap it off! :D

I always say garbage goals count just as much, but you have to admit, that was all luck. I would've liked it better if it had been ANYONE else. I groaned when I saw it was him. Lol. BTW, Sabres fan. ;)