OMG! Symphony X has a new singer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you edited that wikipedia, I hope you die. People who edit wikis for jokes shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

:Smug:
helloseriousbusiness3am.jpg

and why should the thread be locked? just cuz i looked up symphony x on wiki and it said michael jackson on there my thread is invalid?

and as for Phanto saying "People who edit wikis for jokes shouldn't be allowed on the internet"... people who take anything on wiki for granted shouldn't be allowed on the internet either :p

besides, i laffed when i saw it, so saying it just isn't funny... yeah you are wrong. if people wanna get info about the band, the band's website should be the first place they look anyway.

There is a reason Wiki is not a legitimate research database. It is what it is..

Good point! Since it allows people to edit it (even though the intention is for people who are studying a certain subject can share their knowledge with others in one convenient place), we might as well just trash it because we caaaaaannnnn. Fuck aspirations of having a legitimate research tool, since it's a Wiki there's no possible way that it can ever be anything but shit. Let's all go edit articles!!

Never ceases to amaze me both how stupid people are and how apathetic those who have half a brain are.

edit: and to hell with all of you for making me go on a Ken-rant :(

Wiki also has hundeds ofmodsthat check all new edits everyday t make sue shit like his DOESN'T happen. maybe theyjut don't care enugh about band Wikis?

If you edited that wikipedia, I hope you die. People who edit wikis for jokes shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

I wouldn't quite wish death, but yeah. Scum of the internet. It's just not funny... anyway, this thread'll be locked once Jax appears.

Good point! Since it allows people to edit it (even though the intention is for people who are studying a certain subject can share their knowledge with others in one convenient place), we might as well just trash it because we caaaaaannnnn. Fuck aspirations of having a legitimate research tool, since it's a Wiki there's no possible way that it can ever be anything but shit. Let's all go edit articles!!

Never ceases to amaze me both how stupid people are and how apathetic those who have half a brain are.

edit: and to hell with all of you for making me go on a Ken-rant :(

internet_serious_business4.jpg

Again.

Congratulations. You can post a very fucking hillarious internet meme.

It's not that it's the internet. It's the fact that people are so goddamned retarded sometimes. Glad to see everyone is absolutely ok with passing off the decline of intelligence in the world as "lol internet, serious business".

Watch Idiocracy. Welcome to your future. That is all.

I find it funny when people overreact and explode in the face of a small occurence that won't effect anyone. Do you honestly think that if someone looked at that page they would actually believe that fucking Michael Jackson is the lead singer of a progressive metal band? If you actually are personally offended by something such as this then... get out more.

I find it funny when people overreact and explode in the face of a small occurence that won't effect anyone. Do you honestly think that if someone looked at that page they would actually believe that fucking Michael Jackson is the lead singer of a progressive metal band? If you actually are personally offended by something such as this then... get out more.

I dont think that was the point - about this one particular minor incident. But I hear ya Zach, its the idea that someone could screw up an entire page that people have put alot of work into or given alot of accurate information on.

This reminds me, about a year ago or so I was seeing what Wiki had to say about this band "Crack the Sky" I was into. Im reading along and suddenly it goes into this this thing about how they were all crack heads and it was rumored that they themselves had invented crack. I knew this was a spoof but still it was like WTF? It was gone next time I checked it out.

So Im with Zach, it could be a reasonable resource for info and I believe that is supposed to be the intent. There is alot of things that Wiki is one of the few places you can find information about. Alot of its fairly accurate but it only takes one asshole........ and unfortunantly the world is full of assholes.

I don't know if it's true, but it used to say on the wiki that candlelight fantasia was inspired by the disney movie fantasia. I didn't believe it.

Anyways, Wikipedia is great to get quick info and I don't think that it is all unreliable. People put time into making these things in the best way they can and it can't be helped if someone edit's it and messes with it. It's not wikipedia's fault and the website should not be blamed. It's a legit site trying to bring information to all and should not be known as a shit site. It's the people who are causing the problem by editing it and putting whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.