On Going Battle or Landslide Victory: Akerfeltd.VS.Lindgren

Moonlapse-Vertigo

New Metal Member
Oct 25, 2004
its a very vexing question isnt it i mean you take Mike he write most of the music(with exceptions that peter writes his own solos) but then u think again Peter can actually play what Mike write......but then u think once more Mike can both play AND sing at the same time....so for me I am un decided

Mikeal=God
Peter=Jesus

Moonlapse said:
Mikael is the better guitar player. You can hear it both in his note choice for solos, and the way he accents notes when he plays.

yeah, What he said :err:

I dont think so as much.. some of petes solos has some really cool note choice, and his runs are very original. Mike relies totally on melodic lines and note choice, where as peter has, like i heard someone else say, very "linear" soloing. I tend to like his style, especially in some of his solos on amen corner, leper affinity, deliverance. He just adds the metal sound back into the soloing to even it out for mike, thats my opinion.

I think Peter (Ok guys, this is MY opinion, so don't yell at me) is behind Mike's shadow, maybe he plays in the same way as Mike or even better. But I don't see Peter doing great solos because he's bussy doing backup and another stuff (Ok, not always) If Mike wouldn't shows himself so much, Peter would do better things...I don't know. Besides, on the Dvd, the fucking camera was only focused on Mike, and I didn't like it AT ALL, because, ok, we all know Opeth is round Mike (you know what I mean) but if he wouldn't have Peter and the Martins... what will he do?
Maybe I'm expressing myself very bad, but that's my opinion, honestly.
\m/

Luz.-

I agree, the DVD was too centered on Mike. However, in many bands the vocalist is supposed to be the one that catches the most attention, so I guess that's the reason? Or maybe I'm a mindless idiot that doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about? I like asking questions too?

And to the Moonlapse imposter- stop making threads.