About peter leaving....

I'm getting really tired of the Fredrik-bashing just because he played in Arch Enemy. What about Krux? What about Talisman? It's not like Arch Enemy is his only gig, and he's shown quite a lot of width. To me, Porcelain Heart sounds NOTHING like Arch Enemy, if anything it's guilty of sounding too much like earlier Opeth, and that's the only song he actually co-wrote. And according to both him and Mike, it was Mike that decided on the riff to use, even though Fredrik was the one who came up with it.

If you don't like his style, fair enough, but this whole thing of stigmatising him just because he was in Arch Enemy is moronic. Oh, and as for judging an album based on three songs. Just.... gah.

people bashed axe for the same reason. people dont like change....and seem to always think its for the worse.

I think Peter left because he was tired of touring, also with a new wife and possable a family he may have felt it was the time to go. Previously Opeth had toured much less bit RR had told the band to up the work rate so i expect to Peter it turned from a nice way to ear a living to feeling that gettting up on stage almost every day for 18 months was a bit to much like normal work except you dont get time with friends and family.
He may one day regret it but why would axe want to tolarate lopez comming in to help do the drum parts or Peter commming in to record and assist on the recordings when a differnt guitarist would have to tour them.
Peter an Lopez leaving has changed Opeth, i hope they evolve which they seem to be doing but i think it will be the next album before it all gels.

I have mixed feelings from what has officially been available.

Yes, they are and will continue to evolve. That is what Opeth is about. From what recall, I think Lopez left for health reasons, and Peter I think, was going back to school maybe (?). From a Mike interview I read, I recall him saying something along the lines of peter "continuing his education". Plus, yes, as mentioned, he really didn't feel he was contributing much anymore. But as far as I know, both left on good terms.

On another note, the starter of the thread should just move on to another band. Obviously Opeth and progression are not for him...

^Yes, Lopez left for health reasons. He had a rare blood disease or something.
Lindgren left because there were rumors of a love triangle. But I'm sure the reasons you stated are valid too.

Funny thing is... this whole conspiracy why Peter left has been better than 3/4 of the topics posted lately :)

Please, can you show me a thread or something that says the same thing? I feel like drama tonight.

Lol.. you could always put on Heir Apparent.. apparently theres a 70's classic rock solo on there. Haha :Smug:

picardflipoj5.jpg

Peter I think, was going back to school maybe (?). From a Mike interview I read, I recall him saying something along the lines of peter "continuing his education". Plus, yes, as mentioned, he really didn't feel he was contributing much anymore. But as far as I know, both left on good terms.

No. What was said was that he left to work within the field of his former education. He's educated in IT stuff and is now working for an IT company.

There was nothing mentioned about him contributing or not. As I understood it, because of the excessive touring and whatnot, he didn't feel the same spark he used to and felt that he couldn't give Opeth the 100% that he used to.

One thing was true in your statement though; they parted on good terms.

Honestly I'm blaming this new album suckage on Peter leaving.
Everyone says he had to contribution to the writing process, but it even says on the Opeth site that Peter and Mike write music together. Honestly i dont think Opeth is the same without him and in a bad way.

I don't think you are an idiot for posting your opinion, and I'm sorry that the people in here treat you so crappy for having such an opinion.

I do disagree with some of the things you say, but it's all good. I haven't heard the new album yet so I can't comment on the music.

I will say good for you for having the nuts to post your thoughts here even though probably most people here will not agree with you. One thing you will learn if you hang around long enough... Opeth are gods. Anything to do with any members of Opeth shall be treated as a gift from the Gods. Anything negative regarding any gift from the Gods will be treated as some sort of treason.

I've never seen a board quite like this, but that is the way it is. Still fun to scan some of the threads form time to time though for the amusement factor.

Good luck and don't let anyone call you an idiot for your opinion (unless it is based on misinformation or a lack of information).