About peter leaving....

(unless it is based on misinformation or a lack of information).

That's where you fail, though I agree with you. His opinion is based on misinformation: he blames Peter leaving and wants him to stay and help the writing process as he did. Exept he didn't write anything after Still Life, and that was one of the reasons why he left, 'cause he didn't "feel useful to the band" or something along those lines.

That's where you fail, though I agree with you. His opinion is based on misinformation: he blames Peter leaving and wants him to stay and help the writing process as he did. Exept he didn't write anything after Still Life, and that was one of the reasons why he left, 'cause he didn't "feel useful to the band" or something along those lines.

Not to mention that he is judging an album on 3 songs

Wow! Of all the dumb threads I've seen on this forum, THIS ONE rules them all. :zombie:

But oh well... I guess how the music has changed since Peter (and Lopez) left is a worthy discussion. But saying the album is "suckage" after listening to two or three songs is not that cool. It's a matter of taste. Most of us love what we've heard, and some don't. It's like that on all good albums.

I get the whole "epic fail" from the kids with 8 posts at the beginning of this thread for saying the album sucks, but I do think the band has taken a 270 degree spin after Peter and Lopez's departures. You can't say "oh they can be replaced it's still the same band" when a band loses two of the main contributors outside of the main songwriter. It's the same band name but there has definitely been a shift in influences with them gone. I'm surprised no one has said "yeah I agree Peter was the shit and Mendez rocked the fuck out of the Deliverance album". Everyone seems to be saying "good riddance go porcelain heart yae3zzz mike we love you!"

That said, Tepheron - Good albums don't always have to have negative opinions linked to them. I don't hear too much shit talking about At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul or Death's Symbolic. What gets me is when a whole flock of people praise an otherwise generally decent song, calling it 3 parts genius one part god. It's annoying, and in 4 years you'll be able to compare the "new stuff" with the "old stuff" and realize it was kind of a let down (at least for me).

trust me...after listening to the new album...Orchid supercedes watershed in more ways than one, that is why I am on my way out the door..and I am taking Orchid with me :headbang:

I get the whole "epic fail" from the kids with 8 posts at the beginning of this thread for saying the album sucks, but I do think the band has taken a 270 degree spin after Peter and Lopez's departures. You can't say "oh they can be replaced it's still the same band" when a band loses two of the main contributors outside of the main songwriter. It's the same band name but there has definitely been a shift in influences with them gone. I'm surprised no one has said "yeah I agree Peter was the shit and Mendez rocked the fuck out of the Deliverance album". Everyone seems to be saying "good riddance go porcelain heart yae3zzz mike we love you!"

That said, Tepheron - Good albums don't always have to have negative opinions linked to them. I don't hear too much shit talking about At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul or Death's Symbolic. What gets me is when a whole flock of people praise an otherwise generally decent song, calling it 3 parts genius one part god. It's annoying, and in 4 years you'll be able to compare the "new stuff" with the "old stuff" and realize it was kind of a let down (at least for me).

Peter was this shit, and Mendez rocked the fuck out of the Deliverance album. Damnation as well. Actually Mendez is fucking awesome, easily one of my favourite bassists.

2228473799_96899b8c62.jpg

Sam really needs to close the forum down. This is fuckin ridiculous, all the SHIT THREADS being made by trolls.

SHIT THREAD. close the fuckin forum Sam, PLEASE. some of the posts on here are making my intelligence drop by leaps and bounds.

love triangle?? this is something to go in that opeth comic. i bet you that's why Mike wants to keep onto the lyrics - they're personal :p

This is not a knock at Frederik, the guy is an amazing guitar player, much better than Christ Amott IMO. Maybe Im alone in this but I listened to the entire new album & I am somewhat disappointed. Heir Apparent is a killer tune but the rest of the album let me down. They seem to have gotten lazy with the song structures, theyv lost much of their heavy, yet melodic sound and the major problem is that not only are there almost no harsh vocals (excluding Heir Apparent), but there are almost no vocals during the heavy parts. I feel they have lost something in this record and I hope they get it back soon.

This is not a knock at Frederik, the guy is an amazing guitar player, much better than Christ Amott IMO. Maybe Im alone in this but I listened to the entire new album & I am somewhat disappointed. Heir Apparent is a killer tune but the rest of the album let me down. They seem to have gotten lazy with the song structures, theyv lost much of their heavy, yet melodic sound and the major problem is that not only are there almost no harsh vocals (excluding Heir Apparent), but there are almost no vocals during the heavy parts. I feel they have lost something in this record and I hope they get it back soon.

I'm sure you got a promo copy from the label somehow... but since the record hasn't been officially released noone here can relate to what you're talking about. Might want to revisit this when it's released, eh?