On the horizon..

NK

Complete Bastard
Sep 8, 2001
USA
www.auslander.net
As some of you may have read here or seen posted on a variety of other forums, there are a few interesting projects brewing, so here's a summary of some things that are upcoming for the rest of the year (at least for now)

1. Sickening Horror - I'm about to mix the new CD by this very cool death metal band from Greece. The drummer is George Kollias, who I met when we worked together on the latest Nile album. Sickening Horror is a very interesting band - I certainly couldn't really compare them to anyone - but the stuff is really crazy! I've been working on the premix stuff of this for a while and can't wait to get stuck into it this week!

2. Tapping The Vein - Heather has finally recovered from her really nasty bout of strep throat and we will be heading out to sunny (and DRY) West Texas the week after next to finish up the vocals for and then mix the new TTV record. I'm praying that the weather will hold so we can get all the vocals done damp/humidity-free, something which had caused Heather huge problems back in the woods of Pennsylvania. All being well, the album should be out on Nuclear Blast in the Spring.

3. Aesma Daeva - next week we're tracking the drums for the new album here in Chicago. The material is VERY strong, and I'm really looking forward to *finally* getting started on this project after planning for it for well over a year now.

4. Pamela Moore - Pam recently finished up her touring committments with the mighty Queensryche, and while she still has her vocals to record on their new album, we are also hoping to resume work on her album that she, Benn Anderson and I have been putting together piece by piece since July. It's all sounding really great so far, despite the numerous unavoidable scheduling hiccups. We still have some more lead vocals, some guitars and also some rather exciting guest appearances to put to "tape" in early-mid December.

5. Ion Vein - yes, that's right!! Ion Vein!! The new stuff is kickass!! We'll be recording the drum tracks for their new album (studio schedule permitting) in early December, all being well.

6. Java/Serpoids - I'm hoping to be able to start tracking the drums for this in early January. We're all pretty much ready to go..the holidays are just so hard to plan things around!

7. Ibex - the side project of several members of Yakuza/Java. This EP is another project we're really hoping to do around the holidays as that would certainly fit everybodys' schedules best. We'll see what happens, but that's what we're aiming at as of now, as everyone descends upon Chicago...

8. Twisted Into Form - I'm going to be mixing this early in the New Year for a Spring release on Sensory. The music and musicianship is very strong and I'm really looking forward to this one.

9. Aghora - Santiago has asked me if I can mix their new CD for them in the New Year. More info as things develop.

There are also a few other things on the horizon, but nothing that is quite ready to be announced as of yet. I'll keep everyone posted though as things start to unfold.

Cheers!

Neil K.

Hi Ben..

Sig line is from Eraserhead..so weird is the order of the day.

I just finished watching the DVD of THHGTTG (the original series). Loads of fun, especially on my new upsampling Oppo DVD player that makes it look incredibly good. There's also the option to turn on/off a written production commentary which sheds all sorts of light on the proceedings. Excellent stuff I must say. Have you seen this? It's well worth checking out.

Neil K.

Ion Vein and Aghora?

Holy shit. I easily think Ion Vein's Reigning Memories mixed by none other than yourself was the best full-length of 2003. I am so glad Chris finally finished the new stuff. Is it the same lineup?

And Aghora - wow! So the rumours are true, they are gonna be back. Are either of the Sean's playing on the new one, Neil?

Cheers,

Murat

Glad you liked the last Ion Vein - it was a labour of love in the sense that there were all sorts of weird complications, band member changes, scheduling issues, flaky studios etc. and we STILL got it done. This one promises to be far better planned - I'm making sure of that. There's a new drummer who is far more solid than the last guy, Brian, the original bass player, is back full time now, and John - one of the two guitarists - moved on with his life. I believe Chris was the main music writer anyway, so he's picked up the slack. The material is a lot tougher than last time. Russ is of course still singing!

As far as Aghora goes, well...I'm not sure who's playing on it to be honest. They originally asked me to produce it, but then I didn't hear anything for a while and then recently Santiago asked me if I'd mix it. So I'm a bit in the dark on the entire thing really. We'll have to see what happens. I'd very much like to work on it, but as of now I'm just waiting to hear what they'd like to do.

Neil K.

Krigloch the Furious said:
Neil, im really looking forward to hear the Sickening Horror. Any clue when we can expect it to be out?

Hi Krigloch!

I really have no idea about the S.H. release date. I'm sure George will post news about that as soon as everything's sorted out.

Cheers!

Neil K.