On the search for quality rap.

Yeah fuck rap! Children of Bodom all da way! :kickass: :headbang:

haha yea man! though i heard my brother say that opeth raps in one song serenity painted or something, but i listened to it its kinda funny but its not really rapping hes just growling in rhythms that sounds like hes rapping. oh well :lol: i dont know if rap is really music its just talking into a microphone though , oh well. i wonder if bodom would ever rap in a song :lol: lets hpoe not!! :headbang:

Yeah, I expect to get a good amount of shit spam in this thread, but perhaps just a couple of you will be courteous enough to list a few quality artists. I want stuff with aesthetic quality, not stupid, inane pop shit. The only real idea I can give of what I might be looking for is something similar to Bone Thugs, I guess.

Well, it seems you like everything BUT metal. First sublime and now rap? Tsk tsk tsk. This is the nevermore forums. Talk about something related to Nevermore or their style of music or go away.

In responce to your question, I'd recommend nothing because rap isn't even music and holds the same amount of worth as listening to a bicycle.

444px-Rundmc_2.jpg

Well, it seems you like everything BUT metal. First sublime and now rap? Tsk tsk tsk. This is the nevermore forums. Talk about something related to Nevermore or their style of music or go away.

In responce to your question, I'd recommend nothing because rap isn't even music and holds the same amount of worth as listening to a bicycle.

Yeah, exactly, this is the Nevermore forum: Nevermore discussions not allowed.

Nice. Ghostface Killa's release this year was definitely one of the best rap releases (it was the only one that I have heard. I'm new to rap and hip hop in general). Excellent material. And as for DJ Spooky, Songs of a Dead Dreamer is forever an absolute classic disc. Avant-garde turntablism?! John Cage would be so proud. Speaking of DJs, let us not forget DJ Shadow, RJD2, DJ Faust, DJ Krush, and DJ Cam. Lovely, lovely musicians all of these guys are. Oh, and earlier, I forgot to mention cLOUDDEAD. It's not exactly rap, not exactly hip hop, not exactly ambient. Certainly one of the more interesting, unique outfits to come out in a while, and although they get plenty of praise in the indie scene, it is deserved. I'd highly recommend their self-titled debut.

Some of my favorites are Brotha Lynch Hung, Dr. Dre (The Chronic-era), The Geto Boys, Bushwick Bill, Immortal Technique.