One for the Star Wars freaks...

aliasp said:
...Lucas has finally (and officially) announced the Original UNCUT UNEDITED UNFUCKED with Star Wars Trilogy will be out on DVD this September.

Now I can have my 6th version of these films to add to my collection :heh:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html

Apparently these will be released as 2 disc sets, the second disc will be the versions of the SWT movies we got last year on dvd, WTF couldnt Lucas release them together last year like this???

Boba Fett - You want Fash and Chups mate?
Obi Wan - hey?

Yep I can't wait ... should be ace. True about not releasing it first time but c'mon with suckers like me who would by Star Wars if it came out on LP just to add to my collection, why would he.

The real emperor didn't die in Jedi - he lives happily in Sunny California!

Still, thank you George. You have just made me very happy!

Can't wait to see the Ewok DEATH METAL DANCE at the end of Jedi. That is so METAL. I swear you can see Wicket give the horns to Wedge.

This is what my little brother had to say about the news:
"Oh, Lucas, you manipulative bastard. You knew what the fans wanted, but you knew they would settle for whatever crap you spoon-fed them if you told them that was all there was to be had. And when the dollars that came streaming in for that crap slowed to a trickle, you knew just what it took to start them flowing again.

Sigh.

You know, I feel pretty emotionally abused by this whole thing. It's like you have a girlfriend who swears she'll never give you head. Never, no matter what. No, she just doesn't like it, and you'll have to deal with that. So you say fine, soyanara girlfriend, and you boot her ass to the curb and she comes running back with her jaw unhinged.

Obviously she has no real principals. She's simply a whore."

I have to agree with him.
Of course I'm going to buy it anyway. IMO that's the only version worth having.

I don't believe for a goddamned second that the OT will really be untouched. Fuck this douchebag.

aliasp said:
Can't wait to see the Ewok DEATH METAL DANCE at the end of Jedi. That is so METAL. I swear you can see Wicket give the horns to Wedge.
LMAO!!!

For the record, I never gave in to the Dark Side and bought the shitty "dicked-with" versions. My VHS have lived on until now, my boycott worked!! :heh:

Rise said:
untouched as in sound and picture quality of the 70s?
Well, Star Wars WAS made in 1977. Lucas can throw an army of CGI bots at the original negative, and nothing short of remaking it will ever change that. Color film stock of 1977 is what it is.

I still have 2/3 "original" originals still working on VHS. These are real, whatever comes out will not be, theres just no way.