(O/T) Star Wars Fans?

Dude, my latest VHS copies (I have like 3 different versions) are fine - they are widescreen letterbox w/ THX sound. If and when Lucas makes them "Super Deluxe" for DVD that is fine. It's not like we're talking about the original Planet of the Apes w/ Roddy McDowell vs. 2001 w/ Marky Mark - we're just talking about Lucas tweeking what is his to tweek. I'm somewhat nostalgic w/ my old records. I don't replace them w/ CD (I like the sound of the needle), so if you're that hung up on the "original" star wars, stick to your Beta collection.

It sounds good enough on THX VHS. It's all about the sound unless you have high def tv. But fuck it. I'm not hung up on it getting released on DVD. There are too many flicks and I can't catch them all.

I'm not gonna sign it either!
I want Lucas to take his sweet, sweet time making a sweet, sweet DVD trilogy.
We can wait until 2007...

Surely there cant be more scenes that fit into the original movies. its either that or an extended bunch of extras that will be watched one time and thats it. I just hope they actually do episodes 7-9. I heard that there was nine episodes in all thats why im putting it up

has anyone actually read the books, what the hell are the last three about!?!?!? if the empire is done n dusted in jedi, what they the hell do they do for another three books!?!?!? maybe the emporer lands on a soft floor or summink , gets up brushes himself off and carries on being mr evil.......

i have seen 1 and 2 yet :) heh, i just wanna see 3 to see obi wan knob on anakin and chuck him down a volcano, just to see how fucked up anakin gets to become darth.....

The books chronicle the events that took place in the years after the movies. Some key points about the timeline (here is when i become really sad).

The new republic is formed
Luke starts a Jedi academy on Yavin 4 (rebel planet in first movie)
Han and leia get married and have three kids that are all force sensitive
Luke gets married to an ex empire jedi
The new republic gets attaked by a force called the yuhzan vong or something like that and the jedis cant sense them.
The time line of the books so far is something like 25 years on from the episode 6.

No one knows what the last three are about apparently the books have been asked to tell the story of the universe. I think