One GREAT Thing about Ivan

DarkOne

Black Belt in Sarcasm
May 2, 2002
Philadelphia
Visit site
I know Ivan probably won't be a factor, but imagine if things took a turn for the worse.

Okay, just picture it. It's pouring rain. Everyone is inside waiting for the show to start. Into Eternity gets through three chords and the power dies.

Bad? No way.

We'll be part of the most fucking spectacular acoustic show ever!!!!

That would be so cool !!!!

Steve in Philly

DarkOne said:
I know Ivan probably won't be a factor, but imagine if things took a turn for the worse.

Okay, just picture it. It's pouring rain. Everyone is inside waiting for the show to start. Into Eternity gets through three chords and the power dies.

Bad? No way.

In 1995, Hurricane Opal absolutely pounded Columbus Georgia which is only 90 miles South of Atlanta. Atlanta suffered some damage as well, but I think there is some altitude difference as much as the extra 90 mile distance that makes Atlanta less likely to be hit really hard. There are also very few trees in downtown Atlanta which is a big plus.
Trees falling are what does most of the damage once a hurricane moves North out of the sub-tropic regions. A strong tropical storm doesn't do much damage to palms and stuff, but big oaks, pines, pecans, maples etc. can't take that type of wind and they fall on houses, power lines, cars, etc.

Bryant