One of the worst visa-related cancellations of the year...

Aug 14, 2008
From Ghost's FB page...

Everybody,

Due to some last minute complications with our visas, we have been forced to cancel our North American tour.

We are sorry towards the other bands on the tour, Enslaved and Alcest.
And we are most of all tremendously sorry towards all of our fans.

This is truly beyond our control and we are making everything within our (His) powers to be able to come back to the US as soon as possible and perform for all of you.

Our most malicious of wishes

/A Nameless Ghoul

FUCK!!!!! I BOUGHT A PLANE TICKET TO CHICAGO FOR THIS :(

*hugs* but go to Kuma's anyway...

Also I have to laugh that they signed the thing with "most malicious of wishes" to be ironic but by dropping off the tour they're being pretty damn malicious in it of itself. :(

I thought this thread was going to be about gypsy queen Esma Redzepova, but I guess I'm the only one made sad by her visa-cancellation at the Chicago World Music Festival. :(

I guess Ghost's visas from May aren't valid anymore? Figured that would have at least helped the process go smoother.

If the absence of Ghost makes that Enslaved show not worth going to, there are also shows by Dream Theater, D.R.I., Pelican, and Califone that night in Chicago. On either side unfortunately the only other mildly interesting thing seems to be Trans Am/Majeure/Arriver on Monday. Oh wait, and Helstar/Cage/etc. on Saturday way out in the suburbs.

Neil

I guess Ghost's visas from May aren't valid anymore? Figured that would have at least helped the process go smoother.

Neil

If I had to guess, I'd guess that Repugnant came to MDF as tourists and just donned the Ghost costumes for the other MDF set + NYC.

I would have loved to see them again, as I am planning on being in Chicago for this.

This visa shit has got to stop, man. So many cancellations because of this stupid shit. I know we gotta "keep Amurrika safe" but goddamn. These are metal bands.

I thought this thread was going to be about gypsy queen Esma Redzepova, but I guess I'm the only one made sad by her visa-cancellation at the Chicago World Music Festival. :(

If the absence of Ghost makes that Enslaved show not worth going to, there are also shows by Dream Theater, D.R.I., Pelican, and Califone that night in Chicago. On either side unfortunately the only other mildly interesting thing seems to be Trans Am/Majeure/Arriver on Monday. Oh wait, and Helstar/Cage/etc. on Saturday way out in the suburbs.

Neil

Woah...did not know that. I think I'm going to still go to the show anyway, especially because I see that Black September has been added as 'local' support and I missed them when they came to Atlanta. Worst case scenario, I go to a bar and drink until flight time. Still looking forward to checking out the city!

Sweden and they write the best tunes any band has written in years!

LoL I would't take it that far. They are good but I'm not a huge fan of the guys voice. The lines are catchy as hell (lol pun) but the actual voice is a little to, just..... Mellow? Sounds like he's to evil to open his mouth all the way.

Then again, I'm not really into this whole retro sounding music.

Woah...did not know that. I think I'm going to still go to the show anyway, especially because I see that Black September has been added as 'local' support and I missed them when they came to Atlanta. Worst case scenario, I go to a bar and drink until flight time. Still looking forward to checking out the city!

^^^Black September?!? Chicago's already got a Novembers Doom...what next - Iced December?...October's Tide?...oh yeah, that ones taken...yeesh...

been debating on this Enslaved show to go or not, bummer no Ghost!