One of the worst visa-related cancellations of the year...

Well that sucks - was looking forward to seeing them live. But... Ghost was a bonus - I can't wait to see the mighty Enslaved live again! One of the the absolute best live acts I've ever seen.

However, it was the "package" that truly made this tour cool. The total was greater than the sum of its parts, I'd say. Of course, I've seen Ghost live, and have yet to see Alcest, who I like more than Ghost. Enslaved is always incredible live too, so I have no intention on missing this.

The hipsters and the waiting is lame. The food is awesome.

I actually have to agree with Bob. The food is OK. Not worth waiting in that long line for sure. Vastly overrated. Hackneys on Harms in Glenview is 100 times better with no wait, or Paradise Pup in Des Plaines. Also just for the record Hot Dougs is overrated as well. Superdawg crushes that place .

I would have loved to see them again, as I am planning on being in Chicago for this.

This visa shit has got to stop, man. So many cancellations because of this stupid shit. I know we gotta "keep Amurrika safe" but goddamn. These are metal bands.

Now is it the US visa process that had them cancel, or did they fuck up like Dream Evil did, or is this just a lame excuse, P-1 visa's can be valid for up to one year from date of issue(date the person gets the P-1 stamp in their passport) and then renewed in one year increments.

I have no insight on Ghost's situation.

I will say that "one year" stuff is not as easy as J-Man makes it sound with the recent revisions of the process over the last two years alone. You must have a high priced professional service taking care of the process with the full backing of the label AND a booking agent in place with a plan.

It would be suicide for Marc & I to attempt a full year visa for bands playing this fest alone.

I have no insight on Ghost's situation.

I will say that "one year" stuff is not as easy as J-Man makes it sound with the recent revisions of the process over the last two years alone. You must have a high priced professional service taking care of the process with the full backing of the label AND a booking agent in place with a plan.

It would be suicide for Marc & I to attempt a full year visa for bands playing this fest alone.

Yeah what he said, the process is by no means easy, and if you get a professional service it is outrageously expensive. And i fully understand why Glenn only gets the visas for the time they are there in Atlanta. Didn't mean to make it sound easy, i mean the paperwork alone is enough to choke a Tennessee Mule

Now is it the US visa process that had them cancel, or did they fuck up like Dream Evil did, or is this just a lame excuse, P-1 visa's can be valid for up to one year from date of issue(date the person gets the P-1 stamp in their passport) and then renewed in one year increments.

Dream Evil is not a touring career band so it's apples and oranges. I understand that what they did was incredibly stupid regards to PP this year, but at the same time since they probably don't have much experience touring or a dedicated manager, I could in some sense see how they made that mistake. Fredrik is one of the most sought after producers in the music industry, there's no way he'd give that up for a band.

Ghost on the other hand, is probably going to be a career band given their success. They have a ton of people from booking agents (their agent books Black Label Socity, Behemoth, and Children Of Bodom among other huge acts) to managers and A&R guys helping them out. I really doubt anyone would let them make a mistake.

they were the band that bought interest to this tour.....sorry. I know lots of people who would not even go to that show but since Ghost was playing they were going. I would love to know the drop off of people who were going just for Ghost.

I'm one. I'm sure Enslaved is great live, but Ghost was the real reason I was willing to risk my wife's wrath by going out to a show the Friday immediately after ProgPower!