One song preview from upcoming album I mixed. Female vocal, possible raws.

Alex_M

Jul 26, 2013
Moscow, Russia
Hello to everyone!
I finished to mix this album a couple of months ago, but now, closer to the official release date I decided to listen to it with "fresh" ears and found that it's not so bad as I thought right after the job was done :D
So I'm curious what you guys think?
Any feedback will be welcomed, thank you!

P.S. I'll add others songs after official release, raw tracks is also possible in near future if someone will be interested.
Cheers!:headbang:

Update: Link for the raw tracks https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvc44jutkvmskab/3rd_Eye_Stems.zip?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Alex

I enjoyed your track, perhaps some massive strings in the chorus to make it explode into it, that's what I'd do. Great vocals and a really good song altogether.

Anyways, It would be a pleasure to be able to mix your raws from this well crafted and performed song as it's different from the usual stuff we get (perhaps Lost by Crownless was similar?).

Are they real drums? (Sounds like it to my ears or you did a great job programming them) As far as I am concerned this forum wound benefit massively from some live drums in a full song to mix.

Thanks

Hi Alex!
Cool song and great mixing ;) maybe the guitars could be a bit ''bigger'' but I have really nothing to complaint about :). And raws would be awesome :D

Thank you for the kind words, guys! I'll add raw tracks and others songs in few days.

xplanet 2112, yes, you're right, this is real drums, except kick and snare which were blended with samples 50/50 or so.

Spectivum, asembler, I agree....guitars could be (and should be) bigger and better but unfortunately when I joined to this record, DI's already was recorded and we couldn't rerecord it since the guitar player left the band. So I got some problems with guitar sound ( because of DI's) and decided to mask them a bit...not a best decision probably :)

Once again, thank you all!
Cheers :kickass:

Really loving this song! Great musicians and melodies, awesome work on the production as well! True, first thought was that the guitars could be a bit more in your face but got me a bit off guard in a good way when I was expecting them to blow up in the chorus. Not saying this much, but I'm definitely interested in some raw files to fiddle around from this great song

xXxMetalJunkiexXx, MartijnPaauwe, Thank you for the positive feedback! I'll add raws in a couple of days.
Btw, just found a fresh teaser with short preview of every song from the album:)

Hello guys! I'm apologize for the long delay with raw tracks uploading, had a some problem with my PC.
I added the link with raws to the first post , tempo and time signature info in text file inside the folder.
Cheers! ;)

Great song, great tracks, great mix. I just miss some low end impact . Tried to add some in my mix.

Great Band and performance, thanks for providing the tracks Alex! I also struggled with the e-guitars to make them work but it was really cool material to mix :)

Edit: Update, did a version with e-guitars up.

My first post here, and I think it sounds fucking brootal. Very well recorded, 99% professional to me. I wouldn't know how to give any tech tips, i just think the guitars could have a little more beef sometimes, they sounded a bit thin to me. Everything else perfect though. Btw, are you using 7/8 strings? Cheers!

Well done man. Everything is well produced and the song is great. Drums sounds very nice. Will have a go at it in the upcoming days for sure.

Would you care to share some of the signal chains ? Oh and im really enjoying your mix. Nice job really !