One Year at UM...

Super Mahrio

Deeply Horrible Person
Apr 30, 2003
Muspelheim
Visit site
whoa...one year ago today i joined the dark realm of the internet known as Ultimate Metal...as so many of you know i didnt start here...i started at the Opeth forum and the Opeth Off Topic forum and gradually worked my way here (which was around July or August...that will mark the year being on the neverboard)... :tickled: :hotjump: :Spin:
so this topic isnt just me seeking praise for sticking it out...
So...When and where did all of YOU start here at UM?

Congrats, Jamie.

I started in this forum in later November 2002. I was bored in 1st period (library aide, heh) and decided to post on this board, mentioning Iced Earth (whose board was the first net forum I posted on). That ignited a storm of flaming, the scars of which I still bear to this day. But my stubborness, continued logic in the face of pwnage, and incredible good looks won out, and I stayed.

i lurked on the neverboard long before it was on UM.. but never got around to signing up to post after it moved here until april 2002... cause i had a terribly boring job and i got tired of just reading all the time and wanted to join in on the fun.

I joined on May 21st, 2002 but I started to participate on forums a number of months after, I think in late 2002. I joined to take part in the dark tranquillity forum and then this board ended up being my second home, now I even frequent here more than in the dt one. Anyhow this coming 21st will make it 2 years on here...woo hoo!

Cheers!

i'm only posting to see how long I've been here.

There we go, June 2002.
Uhhhh.... I guess I checked out the website, and then saw the adress here.
I think I came around the time when Will was reeeally kissing ass.

And when he'd make 10 :lol: 's in a row.

I signed up at the end of July last year. mainly due to the beckoning of my old friends Pyrus and Isabel from *cough, cough* the Iced Earth board *cough* (Try not to cry).

On the same day I joined, Will restarted the IRC chat so (since I was bored) I went there and met all the people. I was immediately addicted.

Tis' a story for all...

I started posting in August of 2003 because I liked forums and I like Nevermore.

...Hope you enjoyed it the story. Best short story of 2004 right here.

Wheeeeeee! Happy Anniversary Jammeh!

I started off on the Opeth forum and the (then) Opeth-Off Topic forum in Feb of 2003. Started posting the the Orphaned Land forum about March of 03, then here in ...hmmm....September or so.

Hmm I remember it was my first year at uni and was bored in class so I posted here. My first post was on that thread about that dumbass bitch that died of a brain tumor or something but then her sister said she killed herself or some shit but in reality she didn't die at all and was looking for attention the fucking loser. And all the people here at first bought it and were offering their condolences hahaha fools.

Guerrilla said:
Hmm I remember it was my first year at uni and was bored in class so I posted here. My first post was on that thread about that dumbass bitch that died of a brain tumor or something but then her sister said she killed herself or some shit but in reality she didn't die at all and was looking for attention the fucking loser. And all the people here at first bought it and were offering their condolences hahaha fools.

thats a wonderful reason to start posting on the Um board Guerrila!!! :cool: :tickled:

Chromatose said:
i lurked on the neverboard long before it was on UM.. but never got around to signing up to post after it moved here until april 2002... cause i had a terribly boring job and i got tired of just reading all the time and wanted to join in on the fun.

turned out good didn't it? :tickled:

i started coming here around august 2001 and posted as an unregistered ct thrash from september 01 to march 02. i registered on march 5, 2002

yay mah a year!! :headbang: