Only for fans of Asmegin, Moonsorrow, Ensiferum, and Finntroll...

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
......everyone else go talk about rap or something elsewhere.

For fans of those bands, I give you Turisas. Yes, this is Viking Metal, but with lots of violins (Asmegin), bombastic keyboards and tons of folky parts. Great vocals, lots of epic choirs.

Right now, I'm ready to claim these guys Kings of Bombastic Viking Metal, over Moonsorrow, THyrfing, and the like.

Battle Metal is that good.

Well I know we have Moonsorrow fanboys in the forum, but other than one album, they've never really blown me away, and they lost me after Voimasta.

But seriously, give this one a try.

oh man am i in the mood for viking metal tonight...but i dunno man, this isn't really doing it for me right now...gotta have something you can hum along to when you're drinkin' ;)

i'll most def come back to it later though, sounds like they're trying to do something a little different, which i always appreciate.

and yeah, i'm a closet moonsorrow fanboy, kivenkantaja is easily top 10 on my list.

shit man, "One More" is all about drinking.

"As the golden sunbeams reach my eyes, I stand up and raise my pint up high"

:kickass:

I've just really been in a cheese metal mood lately, so maybe that's it. THese guys out-cheese Ensiferum.

cthulufhtagn said:
and yeah, i'm a closet moonsorrow fanboy, kivenkantaja is easily top 10 on my list.

Top 5 for me, easily one of the best compositions EVER. Henri Sorvali is really just a genius.

I've actually grown closer to Kivenkantaja, but still no masterpiece. But definitely better than Verisacrap.

live_30032001_02.jpg

Deifnitly J.'s type of band.

MFJ said:
Top 5 for me, easily one of the best compositions EVER. Henri Sorvali is really just a genius.
i'm listening to it right now....and dying from the goodness

if i started my own country raunioilla would be my national anthem, period.

haha, from the website: "The legendary gig, where Antti was coming directly from a funeral, forgot his live-clothes at home and after a few desperate attempts trying to fix something out of fir twigs he simply played naked."

FUCKIN' METAL!

Doomcifer said:
Actually, I am mistaking this with another band. Turisas sucks. :tickled:

Yeah it's true, this has no epic or emotional value to me... it's just cheese metal.

Edit: Let's not throw a fit, this is just MY opinion.