Open DT-Encyclopedia Project

Okay, while I'm not terribly enthusiastic about this, I find the idea silly enough and am willing to offer my support. I can check the entries and correct all possible errors. I might also supply a few bits of random DT-trivia.

-Villain

UndoControl said:
Why don't we call it something like Plintuspedia and let Plintus decide everything? :Smokin:

:Smug:

No one is really asking your opinion - you can participate or can participate NOT. If there's someone who knows better what he's doing - I will listen, but as long as there's bunch of kids with vague understanding of HTML - nothing can gentle my rampage :cool:

Hard to be smart and cool when you dunno what you are talking about, huh? :lol:

plintus said:
Hard to be smart and cool when you dunno what you are talking about, huh?
Well, i wouldn't know.

Too bad i do klnow some HTML and i do have some nice ideas for this project-thing you seem to be trying to take over. Too bad for you, anyway, since it makes your last post completely pointless.

You know, this should be cooperative work, not let's-all-tell-Plintus-our-ideas-and-let-him-control-everything. But i didn't suggest it and i'm definitely not interested in taking over or anything, so what do i care? I'll just contribute when i feel like it.

Huh, so it looks like I'm taking over? Pfffff, please!

May be I have some real-world experience to back myself up? Bringing in ideas is great, but what if I know for sure that's not going to work, like putting Albums under A - that is fucking ridiculous! At a first glance...

But the albums are also under H and C and S etc... That's wherre the fact is. It looks like someone's a bit upset

Aye, here it is:

Entire encyclopedia consists of:

1. Core information
2. Search function
3. Alphabetical index.

Core Info

Band members + side projects, releases, tour dates (which took place), photo gallery, tabs, anything else connected with the band.

Alphabetical index

Encyclopedia itself, each and every term associated with the band – song/album title, equipment used on certain record, studio where recording of the album(s) took place, producers, cover illustrators, labels, fan-sites, what is Lethe, – all is here, so you click on the letter, and it gives you all the terms which start with this letter.

Search

Tagged/key word search.

…

Everything is interconnected/referenced, so from the album you can go to band members info (individually) covers or different editions, song lyrics database, song lyrics interpretation, review, online shop, explanation of what is “Cortex”, streaming videos, etc.

From a song title in alphabetical search you can get to the album, explanation of something you can see in song’s lyrics (let’s say – highlighted in lyrics’)

This way you won’t have multiple synonyms for Albums and whatsoever all over the alphabetic part (again – WTF?), if you need to find something quick – here you got search, if you want to enlighten yourself – you browse through alphabetic part.

well plintus said he's gonna make the structure/code of this project and i'll help him if he wants :) so u can do the contents, no worries! ;)

as for the songs I don't know really.. let's vote for or against that.. i say that we might have all songs in the alphabetical order.. the 'definition' would just be something very basic like "song from [album_name], [album_year], link to lyrics".. but just wait until we have more ideas ;)

Well, my idea was this:

when I type in The Mind's I in search - I get The Mind's I album link and link to a song. wHEN i GO TO THE SONG info - I get credits, lyrics, album link, trivia about what sounds are played at the end of it.

When I go to albums section and get to TMI song via album tracklist - I get the same info. So we don't have to pile up songs in the separate section.

Plus, having songs in alphabetical order messes up the presentation (one huge big pile of titles, assorted), in my opinion. Plus how do we handle "THE" :

"The Mind's I" or "Mind's I, The" :D Obviously 1st variant, but wicked minds can be sure of the opposite.

My idea is kind of that.... under the albums letter is the album that's also listed under A albums, but with link.... so under the album is every song or evry song is under S songs. and they can be linked to their letter and there's the song.... Or... something

plintus said:
Well, my idea was this:

when I type in The Mind's I in search - I get The Mind's I album link and link to a song. wHEN i GO TO THE SONG info - I get credits, lyrics, album link, trivia about what sounds are played at the end of it.

i guess u mean "the mind's eye"... :loco:

plintus said:
When I go to albums section and get to TMI song via album tracklist - I get the same info. So we don't have to pile up songs in the separate section.

Plus, having songs in alphabetical order messes up the presentation (one huge big pile of titles, assorted), in my opinion. Plus how do we handle "THE" :

"The Mind's I" or "Mind's I, The" :D Obviously 1st variant, but wicked minds can be sure of the opposite.

aynway ur idea seems good too... let's see what the others think :)