Open DT-Encyclopedia Project

UndoControl said:
Yes, but suppose you had your way and we didn't have an "Albums" category. It would be a pain in the ass to have to search for all the albums under each album's initial instead of having a quick list to access them all.

Now suppose we do have categories like that and someone comes and sees Tranquillica. The thing with "Albums" and "Releases" is maybe a bad example because both are easy to think of, but suppose that person wants to read DT's tour information. He looks under T and doesn't find "Tour". So he looks under C and doesn't find "Concerts" either. "Gigs" doesn't come to his mind, and he leaves the site thinking it's incomplete. But if we had all three categories and two of them just redirected to the other it would solve that. I'm not talking about three categories sharing 80% of the information. I'm talking about three pnames for a single category. Kind of like Wikipedia, where sometimes a name redirects to another article.

I dont see any reason why T should not contain tour. And A albums, and C concerts, etc etc. Every good encyclopedia is like that, letters, entries and explanations AND hints or links. So it could be like A - Albums with only the names of the albums, but those names would be links to the entries of the albums themselves. Same with bootlegs, gigs, concerts etc. Its a lot of work, but it would be really cool.

I totally agree with undo..

but we can make it this way: let's say we have a section containing ALL info about concerts/tours/gigs.. we can have a SINGLE section and place it under the term that is the most relevant.. I'd say concerts.. and then we add tours and gigs.. but these 2 similar nouns will just link to the concerts section :)

it's a bit like when on a dictionary u have a word with two different spellings.. under the word with the most common spelling u find the definition and under the word with the uncommon spelling u find something like "see [otherword]".. we could do that just through a link, what di u think?

Yes, we all mean the same, but from different angles. I only want it to contain the highest possible amount of data under various headings (and those under letters) and hints which are interconnected. I dont want the user to open it and see "Albums", "Concerts" etc. and then the alphabet. Just some intro, instructions, maybe search slot and then maybe the link "Enter Tranquillica" and then just the alphabet.

OK....So, when I gatter the facts, I put

A.
. albums
.character
.haven
. skydancer
. blablablabla

They could all be links in red a directing to C for character where all the facts about that specific album is???

Tritonus said:
OK....So, when I gatter the facts, I put

A.
. albums
.character
.haven
. skydancer
. blablablabla

They could all be links in red a directing to C for character where all the facts about that specific album is???

Exactly.

Yeah, thats cool. With those 1000 things, Nt3N said hes gonna go only for the serious stuff. But then what with all those wonderful KCs observations? I suggest we create Myths under M and put all this precious bullshit there. :lol:

marduk1507 said:
Yeah, thats cool. With those 1000 things, Nt3N said hes gonna go only for the serious stuff. But then what with all those wonderful KCs observations? I suggest we create Myths under M and put all this precious bullshit there. :lol:

Hahahahahaha... You can gatter the myths then and i collect all thre serious stuff. See if the others want it.. Oh my fuckin' god!!!! This is takin' soooooome time! There are alot to wright about and I'm only on fact 122...

It's really fun too

:zombie:

This is ENCYCLOPAEDIA, NOT A FUCKING DICTIONARY! And - it's not a fan-site, where you have Albums and Tours sections.

Even though, to organize it as some want - categorize big chunks of related data under

Releases
Band Members
Gigs/Tours, etc.,

and associate certain data with them. However, this associated data can be accessible through search (by keyword "Albums" and it's associatives).

Putting "Albums" under A in Tranquillica is excessive and not intuitive in my point of view: if *I* want to find smth out about albums - I do search, don't browse for Albums under A or R.

Well, you seem to be upset Plintus.... I'll tell you how I've done...

R

Release:
albums
ep's
videos

Those words are in red, which means click on 'em.

You click on Album and you go to:

A
Albums
character
skydancer

they're in red to.... click on character and you end up

C
character - an album released in...........

But if you want to know something about character you just go to C from the begining... Of course this ist just a document, without actual links. I just made the things that's suposed to be linked red.

So Plintus... Satisfied?