Open Minded Thread - Not for Metalized....!!

Hi everybody, a new Neverhead has arrived! I'd like to state that besides NEVERMORE I like all kinds of rock music :

STONES, WHO, ZEPPELIN, FLOYD, SABBATH, EARLY AEROSMITH, EARLY VAN HALEN, GUNS'N'ROSES, SKID ROW, PANTERA, BLACK CROWES, ACCEPT, MAIDEN, PRIEST, HALFORD, SOUNDGARDEN, GUANO APES, SKUNK ANANSIE, SEVENDUST, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, AC/DC, KYUSS...Am I too much of a pussy?... :) Anybody's going to puke?:lol:

:hotjump: :headbang:

hey Trapped, i finally checked out Martyr tonight after seeing you talk about em so much heh, only got a few songs so far, but it's good stuff. Songs i got are Prototype, Endless Vortex towards erasing destiny, Warp Zone, and Hopeless Hopes, recommend any others?

Martyr songs:

- Carpe Diem
- The Fortune Teller
- Retry! Abort! Ignore!
- Virtual Emotions (Totally awesome introduction...)
- Inner Peace

It depends... What style do you want to hear??

Tool. Floyd, Zeppelin, System of a Down, Misfits, The Tragically Hip, Tea Party, old Smashing Pumpkins, Van Halen, Big Wreck, old Offspring(from Smash mostly), Red Hot Chilli Peppers, G-n-R, Pantera, Faith No More(anyone else here like them? They kick ass), some Cake, some Matthew Good Band, some new Metallica.

That's all I can think of now.

Sorry metalized, Rush aren't metal. Hate to burst your "metalhead" bubble. They are awesome, but not metal. Yes have some awesome stuff, too. Other non-metal I like:
The Cranberries
They Might Be Giants
Weird Al Yankovic
The Offspring (only Smash and Americana)
Alanis Morissette

Probably some others that I can't remember, too.

Originally posted by PoisnGodMachine

heh no problem, this is the open minded thread remember, SRV has been a big influence on my guitar playing though, and on me picking up the guitar

you listed some good ones i forgot about, the doors, jethro tull, the who, the guess who, crosby stills nash and young, etc

Ill tell ya what the problem is with tose badns for me:
the stations in my area just wash the airwaves with those bands, Lexington Ky is the capital of teh world for lynard skynard sales, and air time, thats under 70 miles from ME, hehe. Any band that sounds like them(allmans, molly hatchet, black oaks arkansas, etc, AND STEVE R V too) has the top slot. Im just tired of it I guess. When I was youger, I did like those bands.
haha...seeya

Hey, I forgot a couple guys.

Tom Jones, yep, he's good.
Niel Diamond,,,yep, he's good too

Both of these guys can sing like hell.

When I was a kid I liked The Partridge Family band, and the Brady Kids Band.

YOu can find good in almost all music, if you try. ALMOST

ANother style i cant stand is RAP. My youngest brother goes for RAP and thats IT. So everytime i am EXPOSED to HIM, I have to hear all this ho, G, DOG, DOGGY, and nigga shit........it gets old.

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
Sorry metalized, Rush aren't metal. Hate to burst your "metalhead" bubble. They are awesome, but not metal.
They are what i define them to be. And i define them metal, OK?:mad:

Of course u might say that u define Green Day as metal. :lol:
OK! Rush were metal for their time! Uriah Heep too. Rainbow Too!

One of the most beautiful things about music IMO is that you never know where it'll take you...
Stuff I listen to that is far beyond metal:
Cocteau Twins, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Love Is Colder Than Death, The Police (kick ass band!), Dead Can Dance, Nick Cave, David Torn, Mick Karn, Jeff Buckley, King Crimson, Wishbone Ash, Pink Floyd, Prince, etc. etc. etc.

You need to be open-minded if you live in this world...

Raven!!

Dead Can Dance are awesome!! You should try The Tea Party, or (the first...!!) Days of the New album...

Good stuff.

I love the first DOTN cd. It is always hanging around somewhere near my cd player. I'm not too keen on the green or red albums tho, Travis Meeks is a NUT for kicking out the rest of the band.