Operation Mindcrime vs. Empire

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
So I decided to keep both these CDs (since the original release isn't worth shit on Ebay). I listened to them both again, and I'm leaning toward Empire as the better disc. Am I gay?

I bought them both when Empire came out, and I listened to Empire much more because I was trying to learn Silent Lucidity on acoustic guitar. Maybe I've just heard it more times. Should I listen to Operation Mindcrime continually until I feel it is greater than a set of tits and some ass like JayKeeley?

they are both great discs and just thinking about them now it would be hard to pick one over the other.
Mindcrime is more consistent though.

what lurch said, mindcrime is more consistent all around. but its hard to me to choose too!
silent lucidity was like a lullaby to me when i was little. almost makes me tear up *sniff sniff*

No no, it's not just me with regards to Mindcrime fandom. Most people I know acknowledge it as one of the greatest metal albums of all time (if not, one of the greatest albums of all time period).

I don't know how these things happen, but every now and then, the stars align themselves just perfectly for the making of certain albums. Mindcrime is hailed by the masses as a work of genius, alongside other milestone albums.

As good as Empire is, it's not even in the same league, and it's almost laughable to even compare the two.

there is something definetelly magical about Mindcrime ... the way that record just flows from song to song ... it's just effortless ... amazing.

JayKeeley said:
No no, it's not just me with regards to Mindcrime fandom. Most people I know acknowledge it as one of the greatest metal albums of all time (if not, one of the greatest albums of all time period).

I don't know how these things happen, but every now and then, the stars align themselves just perfectly for the making of certain albums. Mindcrime is hailed by the masses as a work of genius, alongside other milestone albums.

As good as Empire is, it's not even in the same league, and it's almost laughable to even compare the two.

Don't laugh at me! I'll fuck you up! BITCH!!!:yell:

Nate The Great said:
Don't laugh at me! I'll fuck you up! BITCH!!!:yell:

Bitch, I laugh at you and yo momma.

This is what I drive:
Lexus01.jpg

This is what you drive:
harves2.jpg

Hence, laughter ensues... :loco: Now go shoot a groundhog, beeyotch. :tickled:

Also, you might want to put away your "Empire" and check out this album called "Rage for Order". :)

no, trash them both, and listen to Promised Land until you can agree that it is their greatest moment EVARRRRRRRRRR

:worship::worship::worship:"Operation: Mindcrime":worship::worship::worship: is the greatest CD of all-time.

"Empire" was a huge disappointment, for me, when it first came out. I recall driving to the store with a bunch of friends to buy "Empire" the day it was released. I vividly remember us listening to it on the way home from the record store, looking at each other puzzled, and collectively saying, "What the fuck?" Since then, I've learned to appreciate "Empire" for what it is. How they went from "Spreading the Disease" to "The Best I Can" was mind-boggling. For my money, comparing "Empire" to "Operation: Mindcrime", is like comparing dry-humping to getting a blowjob.

Zod

And Zod just explained why i think that this is the silliest thread ever :)
Although i like "Empire" very much (how cant you love "Anybody Listening?"), comparing it with "Operation: Mindcrime" is a joke.

"Spreading the Disease"....the music, the lyrics....the hairs on my arms are standing to attention just thinking about that one song. It defines so much.

"She's Sister Mary now, her eyes as cold as ice, he takes her once a week, on the altar like a sacrifiiiiiice!!!! Spreading the disease....."

:kickass:

@Nate - if you're not reading the lyrics, or at least following the concept of Mindcrime, you might as well be listening to background music. 50% of it's strength comes out of the storyline.

JayKeeley said:
@Nate - if you're not reading the lyrics, or at least following the concept of Mindcrime, you might as well be listening to background music. 50% of it's strength comes out of the storyline.
Seriously. That's just insane.

Sixteen and on the run from home
Found a job in Times Square
Working Live S&M shows
Twenty-five bucks [a fuck]
And John's a happy man
She wipes the filth away
And it's back on the streets again

Zod

"My Empty Room" into the beginning of "Eyes of a Stranger" is one of the most spine-tingling, hairs stand up on the back of your neck, incredible moments in the history of music.

Oh yeah, and the rest of the album is amazing as well. Easily achieves desert island status.

IOfTheStorm said:
Although i like "Empire" very much (how cant you love "Anybody Listening?")...
Along with the title track, one of the two best songs on the disc.

Don't get me wrong, "Empire" is a real good CD. It's just not in the same league as O:Mc.

Zod