Operation Mindcrime...

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
"As I indicated during the song notes, it was unclear how Mary died from the album's release until 2004. It was finally explained in this concert. The following description contains spoilers.​

Mary walks to a chair and sits down. The phone rings. Mary picks it up. A voice says, "Mindcrime!" Mary says "What the fuck do you want?" The voice says "See that gun over there?" "Yes." "Pick it up." "Okay." "I want to put it in your mouth." "No!"

The voice argues with her, and Mary struggles to resist control, but in the end, with her head lashing around wildly, she pulls the trigger. The screen behind her becomes a splattered mess of blood and she collapses.

Minutes later, as a new rendition of "Electric Requiem" plays, Nikki walks in and looks for her. When he sees her, he expresses his anguish, then in a strange daze, he pours a bottle of whatever he's drinking over her body, then pulls out a lighter and burns it. Why? Who knows. Maybe he thought he really DID do it. Maybe he knew he'd get framed and tried to eliminate the evidence. Maybe he was just trying to pay his last respects.

Whatever the case, the facts are these: Mary was also under the hypnotic influence of Dr. X. Mary killed herself, but Nikki burned the body. The police then picked him up, probably on a tip from the fire department."

Interesting...​

No matter how Operation Mindcrime II turns out, it should not affect the awesomeness of the original. I have heard people say that if the 2nd one is shit, then it will ruin the first one. I don't buy that. The first one will remain awesome no matter what

with Queensryche's most recent track records of album releases being sub par I must say I am worried.

operation mindcrime 2 - reeks of desperation.

I am dubious. Pleased to meet you.

You know, I've just been reminded, as O:LC is on my playlist today...it's funny reading that synopsis above. The line in Eyes of a Stranger, 'Every night the dreams return to haunt me / Your rosary wrapped around your throat', always made me assume that she'd died by being strangled with the rosary - either by someone else or by hanging herself on it.