Operation Mindcrime...

I've always been kinda interested in seeing the third Exorcist movie cos I hear it's quite good. The second one is godawful, yes, but I hear the third one is quite good. Or so I hear.

I'm told the third Exorcist is a damn sight better than the second. 'Twas adapted by William Peter Blatty from his novel "Legion" and probably has more to do with the original film than The Heretic did. Still haven't seen the thing though.

Doesn't the new prequel arrive in cinemas today? Hmmm...

W

The prequel... ah, there's a funny story. :) For those that don't know, Paul Schrader (the bloke who wrote Taxi Driver) made the prequel but the suits decided it wasn't gory enough, scrapped the entire film and remade it with Renny Harlin (who did Die Hard 2) with an almost totally new cast, except for Stellan Skarsgaard or however you spell his name. The remake got panned by critics, and word is that both films will be released on DVD.

Methinks I'll get the Schrader version :). Renny Harlin is a good action/cheap thrills director, but the odds of him making a decent Exorcist film are about as good as Jon Schaffer learning a fourth chord progression.

W