Opeth Acoustic Moments

Which Opeth Album Contains your favorite acoustic guitar moments?

• Orchid

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Morningrise

Votes: 44 44.4%
  • My Arms, Your Hears

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Still Life

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters
Morningrise gets the vote for me. The acoustic passages are what makes that album. Still Life is number 2 though.

It's interesting to me that some people voted for MAYH. There are many great "soft" parts throughout the whole album, but most of them are electric, not acoustic.

Poor Orchid only has one vote right now. I think a better poll would have been to put them in order, instead of just picking the best.

ORCHID is a phenomenal album, indeed...and, I would vote for it if not for Morningrise. Unfortunate it has only one vote, and I'm damn surprised Still Life is up there. That's my least favourite album...

Morningrise is absolutely stunning!!! I mean, the acoustic passage contained within The Night and the Silent Water around 3 min in is absolutely stunning. Black Rose Immortal contains some of my favourites and To Bid you Farewell has one hell of an instrumental at the beginning. This album is also my favourite from Opeth.

And on a side note on MAYH: More electric it is indeed, but the acoustic parts that are within surpass anything off of Still Life, anyway, that's for certain...what's up with Still Life, anyway? (not that it's terrible, just not as epic or powerful as the first three...IMO.)

Still Life, that's my favourite in many other aspects as well, but the acoustic parts in that are just stunning. Morningrise comes actually very very close, but songs like The Moor, Godhead's Lament and Face of Melinda makes the game pretty clear.

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
uhh... Every song on Morningrise has the most amazing accoustic moments. My vote goes to that. The other albums have pretty moments, but Morningrise takes it unquestionably for me. I am actually suprised it is not dominating this poll...
I couldn't agree more... Those who voted Still Life must be unfamiliar with Morningrise or something, cause if you know that album, how can you not vote for it in this poll...

Originally posted by MadTinus

I couldn't agree more... Those who voted Still Life must be unfamiliar with Morningrise or something, cause if you know that album, how can you not vote for it in this poll...

Because I like Still Life's more.