Opeth - Should they use Classicals more?

+1. I do enjoy the steel string "spanish" acoustic guitar present on a lot of Opeth tracks. true classical style guitar would equally add to their colorful tone.

PS to the people who say fingernail length and shape and texture (you have to file them correctly) don't matter... or that the guitar's position doesn't matter, clearly you have little experience with real classical training. Trust me, they all are essential.

Of course it matters, but that's doesn't mean you have to play like that to get a new guitar sound into your music that's different from electric and steel-string acoustic guitars. Playing a classical without filing your nails like a pro or even using a pick, taken the guitar part is good, can still add a lot I think.

Dude how could you hate Benighted solo? That personally one of my favorite solos in all of Opeth's catalogue, its jazzy/bluesy feel is second to none. Honestly if there is one thing id like to see Opeth do (besides a Mendez bass solo) is more jazzy guitar solos.