Opeth Acoustic Moments

Which Opeth Album Contains your favorite acoustic guitar moments?

• Orchid

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Morningrise

Votes: 44 44.4%
  • My Arms, Your Hears

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Still Life

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters
Morningrise = To Bid You Farewell = Accoustic heaven.

Although Benighted and Face of Melinda run it quite close, nothing beats TBYF for accoustics.

Morningrise but Still Life is a close second. I think the "sunbirds..." part of Black Rose Immortal is one of Opeths best moments. Credence is my favorite all acoustic song though.

I'd have to go for Orchid. Morningrise was never my cup of tea. Listen about 4:45 into Forest of October and you'll know what I'm talking about (electric and acoustic entwined). And also about 7:55 into the song (another entwined moment). Or the intro to Under The Weeping Moon... you name it, Orchid's got it :).

Originally posted by Moonlapse
I'd have to go for Orchid. Morningrise was never my cup of tea. Listen about 4:45 into Forest of October and you'll know what I'm talking about (electric and acoustic entwined). And also about 7:55 into the song (another entwined moment). Or the intro to Under The Weeping Moon... you name it, Orchid's got it :).

YES!!

Damn right Moonlapse!!!

I love the acoustic work on My Arms Your Hearse just because of the atmosphere that it imposes. Also you can sometiems here acoustic going under distorted which makes a really cool effect!!

very hard decision.....toss up between morningrise and still life.
i have to go with morningrise.

am i like them? those who mourn and turn away, those who would give anything to see you again, if only for another second......the acoustic parts on that entire cd are amazing.

Well... At least morningrise has taken the cake... I'm glad...
That would have been my second choice, no doubt... :)

cheers... and thanks for voting...:Smokedev:

When it comes to a singularly awesome acoustic moment I'd say the "what would they care, if I did stay, no one would know ,ohh ohh" part of Godheads Lament is the best they've ever done.

my favourite acoustic passage from anyone ever would probably be the intro/outro of dirge for november. Within BWP, Patterns in the ivy is amazing as well. i dunno, im just in love with that particular album.

Originally posted by Manes
Well... At least morningrise has taken the cake...

Indeed! And, by quite a margin as well all so suddenly...

Also, I just had to note that the acoustic parts within "Demon of the Fall" and "The Amen Corner" of MAYH are of sheer excellence. Definitely my third choice of the five albums....(orchid and morningrise obviously at the top...)

Harvest is one that truly shines off of BWP, as well, acoustically...love the way it starts with the acoustic guitar....

My vote goes for Morningrise which includes, IMO, the finest acoustic moments in music history...thanks to Black Rose Immortal and To Bid You Farewell. Anyway, I agree with Alcapoth about Orchid being their second best acoustic album.