OPETH and TOOL playing the same day at the Quartfestival in Norway!

MixGrafix said:
TOOL is just TOOL. If you don't like them, you dont like them. That is okay, and I am sure that none of the band members feelings are hurt. I am a huge TOOL fan, and my feelings are not hurt either.

Tell you what. Smoke a big joint (if you indulge), put on a set of headphones, and then listen to "The Grudge" from Lateralus. I think you might change your mind. Print out the lyrics and read them while Maynard is singing. Listen to Justin Chancellor's mastery of his bass line. Understand that Adam Jones guitar is creating the tones not heard on any other album. And this is the most important point. DANNY CAREY's DRUMMING IS THE LEAD INSTRUMENT. Everything is centered around his cadence, tempo, timber, and ferocity. Especially listen to the the last 1:00 of the song with the tempo and time changes and his sick fills. It is one of the truly creative drum lines of all time.

And if you don't like it a little more... thanks for being at least open-minded enough to give it a try.

An Equal Fan of TOOL and Opeth

*gives in and plays Lateralus*

*is jealous of people going to festival and people who speak Norwegian fluently*

You don't have to be 18 to attend Quartfestival. So, all you under 18 who are tempted to visit the sunny town of Kristiandsand - south-Norway 4th of July should get the heck' down here!

Så nå vet dere det, dere som ikke er myndige ennå!

Nomansvally said:
You don't have to be 18 to attend Quartfestival. So, all you under 18 who are tempted to visit the sunny town of Kristiandsand - south-Norway 4th of July should get the heck' down here!

Så nå vet dere det, dere som ikke er myndige ennå!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Da raner jeg en bank og tar meg en tur ned til Kristiansand jeg
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Det må du bare gjøre My Arms, Your Purse! Alt for Opeth! Men det er litt av en lang tur fra Bergen til Kristiansand vil jeg tro. Så god tur, vi sees sikkert der - skal lete etter bergensere hehe!

daz436 said:
i dont get tool man, they bore the crap out of me, each track could easily be 3 minutes long but they insist on playing the same monotonous riffs until 9 minutes of my life have been wasted.

if your gonna do long tracks you should fit more ideas into the time, like opeth do :D

just my opinion - but I guess im setting myself up for flames now
True that, I can't get into tool much either, although Eulogy is a killa song! Rock on.

tgrude said:
Dette gleder jeg meg virkelig til.. var på Hole in the Sky ifjor, og de spilte snadder! <3

norwegian ftw :yuk:
I am actually surprised it took this long for another language to appear on this board. :tickled:

shark22 said:
I am actually surprised it took this long for another language to appear on this board. :tickled:

As far as I remember, we had a Turkish and a Russian thread...

Arnold Layne said:
I hope Mike and that dont get to cosy with Tool. The less influence tool have on Opeth the better.

mikael being influenced by tool in a matter of days? sooo unlikely. tool have been around well over a decade and lateralus was released in 2001. mikael and the band must have heard about tool somehow by now. and i dont see any resemblance really.

but there is nothing wrong with being influenced by such a fantastic band as tool.