Opeth art

Yup, I've been working in games for about 15 years now. I wish you good luck in you're efforts :). Art is great relaxation and to get paid for it is often a double-edged sword.

Yup, I've been working in games for about 15 years now. I wish you good luck in you're efforts :). Art is great relaxation and to get paid for it is often a double-edged sword.

wow that's awesome, If i get good grades in a scholarship to Japan, i would study Design and then apply it on Video Games, which is my dream profession along with games programming.

Thanks for the critique Ozzloaf. Much appreciated :kickass:

So that you know, everything I did with respect to the lighting in the image was intentional and thought out ahead of time. :) I wanted a strong backlight to contrast the siloquette of the bodies as well as the guys in the band to have what appeared to be a soft single light on each of their faces to give a strange look to the image. I blurred the background to give more emphasis to them.
I still need to calibrate my monitor. I think the reason your seeing the sharp edges are because your monitor is brighter than mine. This image was done in a matter of two hours and I didn't bother to check the image before saving so things like the hard edge may show for some and not for others. Thanks for bringing that up.

I agree the scratches would definitely look nicer if they were sharper. I tried overlaying them on the faces but it took away from them. The idea originally was to make it look like an old photo. I'm still not finish so I may go back and fix that. I'll just create a better scratch texture that is sharper and can work as a complete overlay.

I actaully work professionally as a concept artist and 3d character artist. :zombie: Here is some more older stuff. Sorry the other two and the top one here are so small and grainy looking, the originals are pretty big and I had to scan them in by sections :ill:. The other two are digital obviously.

6924bfa9f871ffe5283f4831fc52d650.jpg

4905369ca54873a5.jpg

311bba9624d18373591e324a3fc1cded.jpg

Fix well for Magic The Gathering :)

hello,
just 2 little critiques:
I think mikael's face looks a little bit "imported" in your art..
just to judge from his hair i would let mikael look a bit to the left side..more or less like in this photo: http://www.emp.de/read_file.php?aid=22556&nr=1&w=400

the second point:
i think mendez misses out a little bit.. his hat shrinks his apperance a bit and he's already standing behind per's shoulder..

that were the things i noticed, but you don't have to take this critique very serious because i have no idea about digital designing etc.

PS: Awesome work dude! ;)

Very nice work monkeypit! Especially like the one in your avatar, can i save it?

Not that I know much about this, but in terms of texture, their faces (with the exception of Mikael's) look quite chiselled, kinda reminded me of Mount Rushmore at first glance. :p