Opeth as Study Music

Vega Skater

Oct 22, 2007
Sydney
Does anybody listen to Opeth when they're studying? I realised MAYH is the most suitable for me, particularly on vibrant days when I need some rain and darkness to keep me away from the sunshine.

After MAYH, I'd have to go with Orchid.

if im studying and listening to opeth, it always ends with me bringing out my guitar to play some BWP or something

so it doesnt really work for me :(

Damnation works pretty well ...
And I actually got into Opeth while studying. I bought Deliverance when it came out, never heard anything of them before, and I just played it over and over again in the background while studying for a hard exam. At first I didn't like it, but often when I play things on the background for a while it let's me get more used to it and when I then listen to it again for real, I can get into it way more.

Try Concierto De Aranjuez ( adagio,2nd movement ) or Moonlight Sonata ( first movement ) these work perfect.

Opeth doesn't really work for me either, I usually put on some gentle music, new age or ambient stuff or something.

I'm the exact same. My new age albums work perfect for studying. especially my Secret Garden albums.

Yea, I usually don't study. But I'm still in high school, so I'll probably have to study in college. I just scan over shit.

I can basically listen to anything while I study. Right now it's blakk metal time!

I'm the same way. I just depends on what I'm studying. If I'm intently reading then I don't listen to music, but if I'm doing any math, physics, engineering, or any homework that involves numbers then I will listen to music.