Opeth as Study Music

I must have silence to achieve anything like that - I like others, would whip out the guitar and play for at least half an hour going through goodness form the Blackwater Park record :headbang:

It's not possible for me to both pay attention to music and lessons at the same time. If I am focused on lesson then everything would sound pretty much the same..(I am doubtful about getting my ideas through correctly)

I can't simultaneously listen to music and study unless it's math, science, or Latin haha, but when I do it's usually classical, something ambient, or black metal. Apparently black metal isn't all that distracting...

Wow, I thought I was the only one! Yeah I listen to Opeth a lot when studying, most kinds of music work but I particularly like metal and death metal because the vocals aren't near as distracting as say, rap, because they sound more like instruments and the melody is emphasized more than the words.

I think I probably listen to BWP and Damnation the most while studying, especially if I'm staying up late, Opeth is more night music for me.

classical here, but mostly only chopin piano nocturnes. they have that beautiful meloncholic melodic edge, not really into symphonic stuff as much.