Opeth at the Wiltern

hah...

ive got school the day before,

and the day after.

and ive got midterms on wednesday..

lucky me!!!

but i would rather see opeth than get a good grade.
and i am serious..

i really wouldnt mind smoking a cigarette with mikael and the gang..

that would be BAD ASS

I have school all week, but I'm going to take Wednesday off to check out UCLA, which is a valid excuse for missing school (getting the tour at a university).

wow seems like there's a lot of San diegans from this board that's going to see opeth in LA. I went to school down in SD too, glad now i moved back to LA so shows are much closer.

Just bought tix. Were they out of floor? The section said mezz but the description said "general admission-floor"

damn u got the mezz section? that place is horrible :( cramped seats. They usually reserve some floor tickets until day of the show at the box office. I bought my tix in advance for those reserved loge seats so that i dont have to wait in line to get a good spot

damn u got the mezz section? that place is horrible :( cramped seats. They usually reserve some floor tickets until day of the show at the box office. I bought my tix in advance for those reserved loge seats so that i dont have to wait in line to get a good spot

Ah man, I think our tickets were too. I've been to wiltern several times but never 2nd floor... i hope it aint too bad =|

Well the section says "mezzanine" and the description says "general admission- floor". So... in the event that it's definitely mezzanine, is there a way to sneak down to floor level?

Shit that was an insane show!!!

Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
Serenity Painted Death
Hope Leaves
The Lotus Eater
The Night and the Silent Water
Bleak
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall

Encore:
The Drapery Falls

1007082204a.jpg

Damn the setlist was great.. They didnt play Deliverance in Turkey, such a miss

They got to Bleak, and I was like, "please play Deliverance" and they did!
I told my buddy, "for the encore, I hope they play 'Drapery Falls'" - and they did! I was so stoked. My 3rd time seeing them - awesome show - they coulda charged eighty bucks and it would have been worth it. My buddy drove up from San Diego and met me in Temecula and we carpooled up. Opeth never fails to deliver!!!!!! YAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Got up at the venue about 6:00 and stood in line on the sidewalk. We got in and went down the stairs to the pit. Security stopped us and said we had to get a wristband to get in the pit and they only allow a certain number of people in the pit. We get to the wristband line and we were LAST TWO people admitted to the pit. :kickass:

We hung out at the back of the pit for Baroness and High On Fire, then moved up front right in front of Martin for Opeth's set.

Some pics:

Opeth_10-7-08_022.jpg

Opeth_10-7-08_042.jpg

Opeth_10-7-08_068.jpg

And the rest of my Opeth @ The Wiltern pics.

They said they'd be back in April on a different tour. :kickass:

I walked by the parking garage where their tour bus was and I saw Fredrick hanging out with some fans so I went up and said whats up.

When we got in I watched Baroness until their set was done then went upstairs for the bar. I sat there and drank 4 white russians and a beer while High on Fire was on and came back down feeling good for Opeth's set.

They pretty much rocked the shit. Heir Apparent and The Lotus Eater where the only 2 songs my girlfriend knew, so she was stoked when those came on. I love what he said about Morningrise. "This is our masterpiece album, or the most boring piece of shit ever made".

And yeah, he said they would be back in April.

Anyone have a set list from last night's show ?? a buddy of mine is over in the sand box..